Banana moray and Zebra moray best friends

Kyuubi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just wanted to post a video of my eels, they are doing great and are now on a fully frozen diet! Mango is my banana moray, and Beetlejuice is my zebra moray, they both super friendly and I always see Mango hanging out from one of the caves. On their upgrade tank I’m definitely making the pvc larger so they both can hangout in the same one like they like to do with some more wiggle room

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just wanted to post a video of my eels, they are doing great and are now on a fully frozen diet! Mango is my banana moray, and Beetlejuice is my zebra moray, they both super friendly and I always see Mango hanging out from one of the caves. On their upgrade tank I’m definitely making the pvc larger so they both can hangout in the same one like they like to do with some more wiggle room

Beetle juice dang great name for the zebra why didn’t I think of that for mine! I let my wife name him Monty smh

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So cool! I’ve always wanted an eel! I’m worried about them escaping…or ya know…eating everyone else.

OP
OP
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool! I’ve always wanted an eel! I’m worried about them escaping…or ya know…eating everyone else.
So I actually don’t have a lid on my tanks yet, but I have extensive cave-works that I built with the pvc and rocks. Instead of jumping up when they get spooked, they go down into the cave maze and feel safe in there. I think that’s one of the reasons they haven’t carpet surfed. I built the tank knowing I was going to have eels, so all the cave work connects to each other. It’s under the sand bed as well, and has multiple entrances/exits (at least ten by memory).
As for eating everything in the tank: there are different types of eels. My zebra eel eats crustaceans and squid (pebble tooth), and doesn’t see my fish as food. My Banana moray however IS a natural fish eater (fang tooth) BUT I keep him well fed. He leaves the fish alone and doesn’t try and eat them, I have two little chromis, and large angels. The chromis I got when he was not taking frozen food when I first got him and those two are the survivors after he accepted frozen lol. The shape of my angels isn’t appealing for him, I would go for large fish with a rounder shape. Narrow fish will get eaten eventually!!

RS350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you going to get an eel
Get A Banana eel best color eel and beautiful
Of course pricy but worth it
They won’t eat small fish
I feed mine every 3 days
And I have two black storms in same tank
As long as you feed it often won’t be a problem

_eels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How big is the tank? Asking because I'd like eels of my own.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more pictures of them eels they are nice the only other one I have seen is a ribbon eel there movement is very nice to look at when swimming

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back