Banana Wrasse Terminal Phase Male

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banana Wrasse Terminal Phase Male need a sandy bottom or

CARIBSEA DRY ARAGONITE SPECIAL GRADE REEF SAND 40 LB for my bedding which is 1.0–2.0 mm diameter grain size okay.​

Thanks for any advice want to purchase but I keep getting different answers to above question, thanks again.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banana Wrasse Terminal Phase Male need a sandy bottom or

CARIBSEA DRY ARAGONITE SPECIAL GRADE REEF SAND 40 LB for my bedding which is 1.0–2.0 mm diameter grain size okay.​

Thanks for any advice want to purchase but I keep getting different answers to above question, thanks again.

This is R2R ... everyone is going to give their opinion... so... think outside the box...

get some of both... put some on one part of bottom, put some of other on other part of bottom, and at bedtime watch where your wrasse dives in to sleep. Then, use more of that in your tank bottom...

+1 vote sand, but defer to your wrasse ;)

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E15B73D7-89B0-4FCE-952A-26FCA5C3352C.jpeg

My large Yellow-Head Wrasse dives right into CaribSea special grade aragonite every night to sleep. I would think they are very similar fish.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not the wrasse most commonly given the name Banana wrasse. That's actually a Caribbean species H. garnoti (Yellow Head wrasse). They get up to about 6"

What most call Banana is a Thalassoma species.

Ooops, disregard this post. I got the OP's post confused with JumboShrimp's post who Id'd his wrasse correctly.o_O

Back