Bartlett’s Anthia Care Requirements

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in getting 3/4 Bartlett’s Anthias but I️ need more information on them to see pull the trigger and get them.

1. Does this fish have a tendency to jump?
2. People have reported that these fish often kill one another but they never mention what size tank they’re kept in when they do so. What’s the recommended tank size to keep 4 to defuse aggression?
3. For those who have had for this fish, what are some “Do’s and Donts” for this particular fish.

Thanks in advance!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are jumpers. Need space too, at least a 4' tank for a small group. Often you will end up with multiple males, though generally one is clearly dominant. They don't kill each other off with quite the same glee as Lyretails. Need to be fed thrice a day, though they will usually accept pellets.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High flow in the top third of the tank helps cut down on aggression. Feeding astaxanthin rich foods, like reef plankton and finely chopped krill can help them maintain their colors.

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larger the group the better. It's harder for them to single one or two out when there are 12-15 in there. But yes they need to eat a lot, move a lot, and lots of flow as stated. I've found that even when I QT them in a 55g tank, 30 of them were fine for 3 weeks together without a single death. And yes that was just one tank in a large system so feeding 3-4x a day didn't pollute the tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back