Basement full of equipment for sale

icycoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Old salt here who dropped off the map for some years after being very active in all aspects of the hobby as well as the leadership of the club.

I have a basement full of stuff that I’m not going to use, at least for a very long time. I’m too busy with classes and work to even think about setting up another tank anytime soon (19 credits this semester). Enjoying my small tank in the bedroom is currently all I have time for.

Sooo….I basically have an aquarium shop down there.
Hundreds of pounds of dry rock(10gallon tub full 3 x 5gal buckets and sand, crushed coral, lighting, two or three sumps (two are Eshopps and one very large custom sump), refugiums, controllers, two full calcium reactor setups, ozone setup, like 6 skimmers (Tunze, reef octo hob, a gigantic reef dynamics modified for recirc.) countless smaller tanks (literally I lost count, some are brand new, some used for selling frags at the FFM), have a full 90 gal with custom stand and canopy which I will give priority and be very cheap to a new club member (I’ll be asking Earl to verify you) two ro units, ro booster pump, probably have some to filters, large and small pumps coming out my ears a bucket full of mag drives and dc. I have at least 2 reefkeeper controllers, one is brand new, two vortecs (one mp10 one mp40 both quiet drive but only one has a power supply the other got hit with salt water), bunch of vortec parts, A fluval 45gal tank drilled for an overflow, Ocean life European overflow that is for the fluval tank but can be sold as a pair or separate, Eshopps over flow box. Lighting, large halide setup 400w an extra electronic ballast as well as the magnetic ballast, an odd size coralife (made for a 30” tank), supplements test kits odds ends and do dad‘s, tools, frag bags bags, etc…. I literally cannot recall all of the stuff down there. Some older stuff but was considered higher end back in the day. Not looking for big bucks more like make an offer and take it outta here deals. I really don’t have the time to take pictures of everything nor answer a million questions through PM. I live in Putnam Connecticut 06260.

If your interested shoot me a message, I’ll give you my address and number. Come over look around and make offers. DON’T CARE IF THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNREASONABLY OFFERS as long as I do not have to answer a million questions and take a zillion photos. I am not willing to ship, I do not have time. I don’t think you will be disappointed for taking the ride with all the stuff I have to pass on. Though I do suggest you bring a truck and possibly a friend. If you don’t know me, ask some of the old school members like Earl about me, we went to HS together, or look me up:

“icycoral” (I see coral) see what I did there lol

Although I have not been active for quite sometime I can be found across the boards and Facebook. I was much more active on RC but can be found on Boston reefers FB and have a few albeit embarrassing vids on YouTube as well. I should have some feedback on here as well as rc if the archives go back to when I started in the hobby circa 2008.

The first photo is of my house. It looks nice lol. The other photos are the basement full of aquarium stuff that is not neatly laid out or organized in any particular fashion. This has driven my wife’s ocd for organization crazy, thus prompting the fs posts across multiple social media platforms.

In case you missed it in that long ramble….I’m not shipping.

if you have made it this far, thank you for reading my post and
stay reefy,
Eric B

24D9A1FD-3059-4800-AD6A-CCC1AB979B2D.jpeg

DE0A9976-450C-4D8C-A59C-258B3067DB42.jpeg

My basement before I filled it full of stuff ⬆️

Things I need to get rid of ⬇️ (Preferably before my wife shoots me)

C49712D4-2EB4-4D94-8F96-69FE08D57D89.jpeg
77DFEBEE-43D9-4149-8F3E-5315EC47C36C.jpeg

A70BF548-7B8A-4460-A044-59C72331F858.jpeg

Bucket full of pumps⬆️ I accept PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, angel tears, and children old enough to do lab reports, write papers, and calculus homework
0D0C0104-A22D-4413-88BA-FDD3265978C0.jpeg

amonst the other things in the photos that’s an ai nano. The light still works great but the controller crapped out. I used it at frag shows, I think $10 bucks sounds about fair for the light….

F7B26293-143C-4085-9542-8EC971551712.jpeg

Unused rkl ⬆️ No they don’t make them anymore. Yes they were flippin awesome.
I have another that is used.

FFCE4257-F7A2-456C-9391-9A56BFFC324A.jpeg

Unused Tunze 9410 ⬆️ Great skimmer from what I hear. I have it’s little brother a 9004 on my bedroom tank.

Below are tunze 9010 skimmers. They’re a great skimmer if you like to plug it in and not mess around with it. If you like skimmers that you have to adjust all the time, and ones that turn into water fountains at the worst possible moment, they probably aren’t for you. They are also bullet proof. No seriously this is number three I still have it’s predecessors. I have tried very hard to kill my first one. It’s like that old cat missing an eye one paw and half its tail but still catches mice. Also there is a story of a World War One solder who kept one in his pocket. It saved his life ⬆

image.jpg

Used Tunze they still crush it. Make an offer any sane person would refuse. The catch is you can only make these offers in person.
image.jpg

One of the containers of dry rock it’s a 10 gallon tub, PLEASE don’t ask me to drag out the others unless your taking them home. there’s three five gallon buckets and two brute containers more.

image.jpg

hey here’s more stuff. Come visit, take it home with you, or don’t either way…
image.jpg

⬆️ Two three stage ro units connected in series with a booster pump. Not to rock the boat my tank did better when I used Putnam tap water…jm2c

there’s so much crap in here it’s ridiculous. If you want to come rummage you will get it for pennies. If I have to organize sort take photos it will go on eBay or the curb. image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
icycoral

icycoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ritch! I have so much stuff down there from all the years it’s not funny.

Not looking for the Benjamins (though a few quid would be nice). The prices are only to deter one single person from coming up and taking everything. If y’all don’t know me I load up my side of trades. Sold my three VorTechs for 200 bucks so those are off the list. The Eshopps overflow went for 10 clams. 300w titanium heater off the list for 15 (however the condition was he took the glass heater as well which was included in the 15). Selling dry rock for .75 beans a pound. Not stressing over numbers however my free time is very limited.

Not listing every little item (no time for love dr jones) however if you are starting out, looking for some cheap gear, and don’t mind the ride. Hit me up. If you’re on a budget and looking to set up a tank…. Yep you guessed correct, come visit.

Bucket full of return and mixing pumps, media reactors, calcium reactors, rodi units, sumps, tanks, gfo, kalcwasswer, crushed coral, sand, rock, more tanks, controllers…. it goes on and on. I really was not exaggerating about an aquarium shop down there.
If your into halides I have a collection of bulbs to try that were literally given to me. I can return the favor by giving them to the next Reefer who still uses halides. If I need to spell it out, please come take them, they’re free.
Stay reefy y’all
-icy

clueless 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric, knew you a long time ago. Hadn't seen you on any of the forums, but I'm not on to often. Pm me and I will get back to you via phone

Wulfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Old salt here who dropped off the map for some years after being very active in all aspects of the hobby as well as the leadership of the club.

I have a basement full of stuff that I’m not going to use, at least for a very long time. I’m too busy with classes and work to even think about setting up another tank anytime soon (19 credits this semester). Enjoying my small tank in the bedroom is currently all I have time for.

Sooo….I basically have an aquarium shop down there.
Hundreds of pounds of dry rock(10gallon tub full 3 x 5gal buckets and sand, crushed coral, lighting, two or three sumps (two are Eshopps and one very large custom sump), refugiums, controllers, two full calcium reactor setups, ozone setup, like 6 skimmers (Tunze, reef octo hob, a gigantic reef dynamics modified for recirc.) countless smaller tanks (literally I lost count, some are brand new, some used for selling frags at the FFM), have a full 90 gal with custom stand and canopy which I will give priority and be very cheap to a new club member (I’ll be asking Earl to verify you) two ro units, ro booster pump, probably have some to filters, large and small pumps coming out my ears a bucket full of mag drives and dc. I have at least 2 reefkeeper controllers, one is brand new, two vortecs (one mp10 one mp40 both quiet drive but only one has a power supply the other got hit with salt water), bunch of vortec parts, A fluval 45gal tank drilled for an overflow, Ocean life European overflow that is for the fluval tank but can be sold as a pair or separate, Eshopps over flow box. Lighting, large halide setup 400w an extra electronic ballast as well as the magnetic ballast, an odd size coralife (made for a 30” tank), supplements test kits odds ends and do dad‘s, tools, frag bags bags, etc…. I literally cannot recall all of the stuff down there. Some older stuff but was considered higher end back in the day. Not looking for big bucks more like make an offer and take it outta here deals. I really don’t have the time to take pictures of everything nor answer a million questions through PM. I live in Putnam Connecticut 06260.

If your interested shoot me a message, I’ll give you my address and number. Come over look around and make offers. DON’T CARE IF THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNREASONABLY OFFERS as long as I do not have to answer a million questions and take a zillion photos. I am not willing to ship, I do not have time. I don’t think you will be disappointed for taking the ride with all the stuff I have to pass on. Though I do suggest you bring a truck and possibly a friend. If you don’t know me, ask some of the old school members like Earl about me, we went to HS together, or look me up:

“icycoral” (I see coral) see what I did there lol

Although I have not been active for quite sometime I can be found across the boards and Facebook. I was much more active on RC but can be found on Boston reefers FB and have a few albeit embarrassing vids on YouTube as well. I should have some feedback on here as well as rc if the archives go back to when I started in the hobby circa 2008.

The first photo is of my house. It looks nice lol. The other photos are the basement full of aquarium stuff that is not neatly laid out or organized in any particular fashion. This has driven my wife’s ocd for organization crazy, thus prompting the fs posts across multiple social media platforms.

In case you missed it in that long ramble….I’m not shipping.

if you have made it this far, thank you for reading my post and
stay reefy,
Eric B

24D9A1FD-3059-4800-AD6A-CCC1AB979B2D.jpeg

DE0A9976-450C-4D8C-A59C-258B3067DB42.jpeg

My basement before I filled it full of stuff ⬆️

Things I need to get rid of ⬇️ (Preferably before my wife shoots me)

C49712D4-2EB4-4D94-8F96-69FE08D57D89.jpeg
77DFEBEE-43D9-4149-8F3E-5315EC47C36C.jpeg

A70BF548-7B8A-4460-A044-59C72331F858.jpeg

Bucket full of pumps⬆️ I accept PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, angel tears, and children old enough to do lab reports, write papers, and calculus homework
0D0C0104-A22D-4413-88BA-FDD3265978C0.jpeg

amonst the other things in the photos that’s an ai nano. The light still works great but the controller crapped out. I used it at frag shows, I think $10 bucks sounds about fair for the light….

F7B26293-143C-4085-9542-8EC971551712.jpeg

Unused rkl ⬆️ No they don’t make them anymore. Yes they were flippin awesome.
I have another that is used.

FFCE4257-F7A2-456C-9391-9A56BFFC324A.jpeg

Unused Tunze 9410 ⬆️ Great skimmer from what I hear. I have it’s little brother a 9004 on my bedroom tank.

Below are tunze 9010 skimmers. They’re a great skimmer if you like to plug it in and not mess around with it. If you like skimmers that you have to adjust all the time, and ones that turn into water fountains at the worst possible moment, they probably aren’t for you. They are also bullet proof. No seriously this is number three I still have it’s predecessors. I have tried very hard to kill my first one. It’s like that old cat missing an eye one paw and half its tail but still catches mice. Also there is a story of a World War One solder who kept one in his pocket. It saved his life ⬆

image.jpg

Used Tunze they still crush it. Make an offer any sane person would refuse. The catch is you can only make these offers in person.
image.jpg

One of the containers of dry rock it’s a 10 gallon tub, PLEASE don’t ask me to drag out the others unless your taking them home. there’s three five gallon buckets and two brute containers more.

image.jpg

hey here’s more stuff. Come visit, take it home with you, or don’t either way…
image.jpg

⬆️ Two three stage ro units connected in series with a booster pump. Not to rock the boat my tank did better when I used Putnam tap water…jm2c

there’s so much crap in here it’s ridiculous. If you want to come rummage you will get it for pennies. If I have to organize sort take photos it will go on eBay or the curb. image.jpg
Hi, I'd be interested in taking a ride over to check out the stash!

OP
OP
icycoral

icycoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on up! Sent you a pm with my contact info and crazy schedule.

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the 90 gallon still available? And if so how much are you asking. Also what is still available as of now

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back