Basement Remodel & Dream-ish tank - Opinions on layout

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to slide it around once I get a feel for where everything is in the ceiling to avoid mechanicals and post/beam. I'd prefer not to rust out the only thing holding this house up...(though at the moment I might consider it with as much of a s*&^ show it is!)

Resized_20211123_174936.jpeg
I was actually picturing the furnace enclosure creating an 'L' with the bathroom integration but I like your idea. It hides the post that much easier in the wall and it creates a really unique aquarium placement. I like it. Almost makes me want to suggest a stepdown reef tank to accentuate it further.
d2fa70d842e3cafd9ed415afa5627c50.jpg

OP
OP
BackToTheReef

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually picturing the furnace enclosure creating an 'L' with the bathroom integration but I like your idea. It hides the post that much easier in the wall and it creates a really unique aquarium placement. I like it. Almost makes me want to suggest a stepdown reef tank to accentuate it further.

Not sure I could build one of those! ;)

Wouldn't mind trying though because that would be cool!

I'd want to do it the other way 'round though. I'd want a 2' wide upper section a drop and a 2' wide lower section that runs 7' across! And maybe do a wrap around on the "peninsula" end of the tank. Then you could slip the sump under the "upper" section!

OP
OP
BackToTheReef

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok, if I can fit a big enough sheet of acrylic downstairs...I'm going to try it!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back