Bat signal for Life Reef owners (SUMP design)

Salahunreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for heroes. I have finalized my requirement for the life reef skimmer and No, I could not resist be a Life reef sump owner as well. I will end up paying 150% of total cost to cover up shipping to Sweden+25%Moms+Tulls but I do not care. Inner me want a LR sump and I do not like to change or modify stuff afterwards that much usually unless there is a flaw or issue.
I try to setup everything as good as possible from the very beginning to minimize changes in future and always got a positive feedback from the R2R members

Any tip or feedback is HIGHLY appreciated. I thank you in advanced for taking the time to read and feedback.

I created a google sheet to list all the facts and requirements in below link and copied text here also
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_U8KiaTQ2IEdrYMb1schj952Ha_TE5aLBYnhR01VW_0/edit?usp=sharing

Facts
Cabinet dimension
L*D*H 120*43*68 CM
Sump max dim
L*D*H 110*40*40 CM because of door hinges

Herbie overflow
Tank has three holes 2 Holes on left side with overflow box in display tank one hole on right side for return

Drain and return pipes
1- Two drain pipes on left side with 32mm
2- One return line on right side with 32mm

Triton method
Drain from display tank to refuge and no filters or sock filters should be applied on water from drain according to triton method
Next champer for skimmer
Last chamer for return

Pumps
Maxspect Turbine Duo 9000 lbh-
Left output for skimmer and right output for manifold
COR20 For return line

Requirements
Measurements All my measurements in metric
Refugiem 40L
Actual water volume should be at least 40L and even more will be better if possible
Media reactors
3 Reactor with stand

Waste collector
If sump will take all the space of the cabinet, place for waste collector should be considered.
If no space at all left, Behind the aquarium wall, there is a cabinet I can hide the waste collector there. I already have a hole in that wall

Emergency hole
In case of flooding, I prefer to have a hole in the sump for emergency where this hole will be connected to kitchen drain

RO water reservoir
10L or even 20L if possible

Probes holder
PH+TEMP+ORP+Salinity+Grounding

Dosing tube holders
My doseق has 7 channels. so If possible to have dose inlets holder for 7 or whatever is possible

Color theme
APEX orange and grey when possible like Pic0

lg_Orange_Grey.JPG

Extras

Check valve for return
WYE check valve if possible transparent or what do you think or recommend

Orage RO tube 2 M

Adjustable Skimmer Water Level If possible or if you recommend or not

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will tell you that Jeff packs all of his merchandise very well for shipping. I got some huge, very carefully packed boxes when I ordered my stuff from him about a dozen years ago. So if you are worried about everything getting to Sweden undamaged, I would be willing to bet that it will get there without a scratch. You will also be well satisfied with the build quality of the gear. Good luck with the new setup!

OP
OP
Salahunreal

Salahunreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will tell you that Jeff packs all of his merchandise very well for shipping. I got some huge, very carefully packed boxes when I ordered my stuff from him about a dozen years ago. So if you are worried about everything getting to Sweden undamaged, I would be willing to bet that it will get there without a scratch. You will also be well satisfied with the build quality of the gear. Good luck with the new setup!
Thanks for the feedback. I am pretty excited about it actually. I came to know about Life reef only from a comment on Mr Saltwater website and Life reef was mentioned then a new world opened to me :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back