!!!BATTLEBOX NAMES OPTION??? WHAT THE HECK IS IT DUDE???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Should just be called the acropora sp. button hahahaha I saw the button the other day and pressed it (thought it was a light filter option or something) but ever time I hovered over a coral I liked it was just called acropora sp. . . what gives!!! I want the cool names back!!!!
no problem, just hit the button again. lol.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The important names ARE the scientific names. The other names are just meant to be descriptors of the genotype, phenotype, and color variation.

The scientific names are what guide placement, PAR, flow, and temperature.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Know this is an old thread but I’ve heard great things about you as a vendor and plan on ordering from you soon.

As a new reefer, it is really strange seeing all the names of all of this coral. I understand the need for classification ease, but it’s really weird to me to be buying a living creature called something like “zombie apocalypse zoa”. When I go to Home Depot, I’m not usually buying “Death destroyer day Lillie’s”, and when I go to the pet store, I’m not buying a “Satan’s succubus mini schnauzer”. It’s very weird to me.
Interesting choice of names I say lol

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like names lets me know what I have. BECAUSE in a year that coral might look totally different and I might by it again :) It does get annoying/confusing when I see same coral under different names at different retailers. Im allot better at keeping track these days.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a setup your size I can imagine any change in format is going to be a headache.
I have 100 percent bought corals ive already had by not keeping track of what I had haha Good for you guys not so much for me :) For me I wouldnt care if it was called Mooses tooth or number 148

You can always tell people looking at your tank whatever you want,,,I have a helmet urchin and people always ask about it,,and I say oh thats a Dragon scale urchin.
Thats way cooler than helmet lol

Last edited:

pennied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DRAT

I just hopped back on to edit the post after walking away and realizing it likely came over far more blunt than I meant it to be. I am still not good at that after all of these years and maybe I should have DM'd instead of posting at all.

To answer your question. I read on a 30 monitor, iPad Pro and sometimes my phone.

I owned a IT consulting form for over 2 decades. I used to have perfect vision and could never understand people complaining about small or non-standard fonts. I thought they were just being picky or crazy.

That was then... I wear reading glasses now and it has drastically changed my comfort level in almost every aspect of life. I have spent my entire life as an avid reader. Fiction, non-fiction and anything technical or interesting that I can/could get my hands or the rabbit hole leads me to. Reading is now a rather uncomfortable undertaking.

So in a nutshell I am old and maybe grumpier than I used to be and could be in the minority esp If I am the only one to say something!

As for the typefaces and styles - it really is an interesting subject (even If i sounded like a jerk). It is amazing what simply changing a typeface can do for reading comprehension. That in itself is a reading rabbit hole that I once traveled down. ;)

Thank you for the kind words, but I am just another guy with a fish tank. It is nice to meet you as well and bold font or not will be placing an order sometime soon.
Haha, so your old and senile now!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back