Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing some really nice entry pics for this month! I'll get one up this weekend for sure.

Unrelated to the contest but, my 14 year old clown managed to jump out Saturday night:(

Going to pick out a pair of clowns on Friday from Booyah's Clowns. Mitch is only 10 minutes away and I'm really looking forward to meeting him and picking out a new pair of clown fish:)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque what coral is in the background of the third pic of your last entry thread post? I'm not sure how to link that post into another thread, lol.
If you mean the back left, I am not sure the name, lol. If you click my link down below and go to post #12, that is that coral. It has grown a lot from that pic!

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish it would color up some more.
Vivid Rainbow Delight.jpg

Last edited:

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you working on a spreadsheet by chance? It would be awesome to see but I'm in the middle of a move and cant do the dirty work.
Nope. Nothing like that.
From the pictures I would say some Halogens may be misssing to unfold the beauty, but just a wild guess!
Hence it would be great to have an ICP to identify if there are specific traces missing explaining the pending colors.
Don't really want to say that since the coral from him looks already great, but it could look even better, so.........
Also I'm really into the trace elements right now, hence I would benefit as well from a test review and my 2cents are free, lol.

Really awesome we all have one coral from the same source, it's a great opportunity for me to look into your guys water chemistry.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an ICP test. Was gonna shoot a Triton off early next week.

As far the knowns:
Temp 78
Salinity 1.026
Alk 7.6
Cal 480
Mag 1450
No3 <5
Po4 .18

Cool, an ATI test would be great!!! It tests for more stuff and is a bit less costly overall ;-)
Available on Amazon for $40

Do you dose Iodide here and there?
Maybe even Iodine level?
Any idea what Potassium is?

BTW, good to see some Nutrients here ;-)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope. Nothing like that.
From the pictures I would say some Halogens may be misssing to unfold the beauty, but just a wild guess!
Hence it would be great to have an ICP to identify if there are specific traces missing explaining the pending colors.
Don't really want to say that since the coral from him looks already great, but it could look even better, so.........
Also I'm really into the trace elements right now, hence I would benefit as well from a test review and my 2cents are free, lol.

Really awesome we all have one coral from the same source, it's a great opportunity for me to look into your guys water chemistry.

That is a realy cool point and will very interesting to see some icp results in relation to how this piece in particular looks in various tanks.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, an ATI test would be great!!! It tests for more stuff and is a bit less costly overall ;-)
Available on Amazon for $40

Do you dose Iodide here and there?
Maybe even Iodine level?
Any idea what Potassium is?

BTW, good to see some Nutrients here ;-)

I had a Triton tests sitting around, but I will look into the ATI test kits.

I do not test for iodine or potassium, but I do dose Aquavitros Fuel twice a week.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a test kit, it's expected April 30th - May 2nd. Sucks it's not prime anymore. I've never done a water test, so I am curious to see how good I am at reading the kits.

I currently autodose KH, a Calc / Strontium mixture, Iodide, and Iron. Everything else I check about every 1-2months.

This is what I stay at.
Ca 440 (Salifert)
Mg 1350 (Salifert)
KH 8 (Salifert)
Potassium 390 (my RedSea test kit was delivered expired, so I haven't tested with a good kit yet, but was issued a replacement and also got the Salifert one, but haven't retested yet)
Boron - this test is so hard to read, I never got a good reading. (Salifert)
Strontium 1 (I am aiming for 8, but have struggled to get it up, another impossible to read test).
PO4 .04 (Hanna UL)
NO3 - 5-10 (Salifert)
Iron - .15 (another hard to read one)

Clownman727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was going through some issues in the last several months. I was losing some acropora and thought my Frag for the contest was doomed. It started to STN from the bottom up. As you can see in my official entry photos. I found that my magnetic glass cleaner was rusting and it was the only thing I didn’t check for rust when I noticed the problem. I removed the magnet and keep doing my normal maintenance, water changes etc... Now everything is starting to look good again and my frag is getting some color and encrusting. I may not win this contest but I should be able to finish strong and show some growth. I’ll post my updated photo this weekend on the other thread.

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through a complete tank crash, happened shortly after a move. Just about everything is browned out/ skeletons- just a heads up!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back