Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! My frag actually has polyps out! First time in, well ever actually.

20180827_181117.jpg
20180827_181108.jpg

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is in the frag tank under t5's.

Your tank seems to be doing much, much better now!

I feel like it's finally getting there! The age of the tank is definately a factor here. Started with all dry rock and sand(probably never do that again). It's 14 months old now. The tank was hardly 5 months old when I put this frag in it. Went through all the new tank uglies. Really glad it held on.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’d be surprised. My no3 hit rock bottom last week and I noticed a little less polyp extension on a few of my corals. I cut my chaeto light down to 4 hrs at night.
Had the same issue. Bumped my fuge up over the course if a month from like 5 hours to 14 to deal with hair algae. Acros started to look like trash. Overpowered refugiums are a real think. This 300w Mars hydro light is a beast. Back down to 5 hours now and things seem to be recovering.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same issue. Bumped my fuge up over the course if a month from like 5 hours to 14 to deal with hair algae. Acros started to look like trash. Overpowered refugiums are a real think. This 300w Mars hydro light is a beast. Back down to 5 hours now and things seem to be recovering.
Same light I use. I have recommend it to several people. Chaeto and the Mars hydro does some serious damage on nutrients! When I first set it up, I ran it for 24hrs non stop and I would drop 5 ppm of no3 in a single day.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same light I use. I have recommend it to several people. Chaeto and the Mars hydro does some serious damage on nutrients! When I first set it up, I ran it for 24hrs non stop and I would drop 5 ppm of no3 in a single day.

There's something about a blanket of 1200 par at the surface of the chaeto LOL

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadnt noticed but it does seem like there are a few abnormalities there. I'll have to investigate.

Edit: tried to get some better pics but I cant focus on the area well enough to tell what is going on with that section of coral.

Last edited:

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadnt noticed but it does seem like there are a few abnormalities there. I'll have to investigate.

Edit: tried to get some better pics but I cant focus on the area well enough to tell what is going on with that section of coral.

Try using a turkey baster and see if anything comes off

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I haven't experienced the green polyps at the growing edge of the coral yet.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up moving mine to a slightly different spot (harder to snag a picture of it). Now that my nitrates are up the color is much better. Still brownish at the base, but the blue/green you are getting is starting to show up. I will see if I can get a pic tonight.

Back