Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipment was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but is being postponed due to fedex shipping issues. Rescheduling shipment for next week.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d

id you make it to the swap Saturday?

No, I wanted to but I ended up moving my tank to our new house. It was the only day I was able to get help to move it. Let me tell ya, that SUCKED! 14 hours of hauling fish, coral, and tank in 14 degree weather.

Swayne_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I wanted to but I ended up moving my tank to our new house. It was the only day I was able to get help to move it. Let me tell ya, that SUCKED! 14 hours of hauling fish, coral, and tank in 14 degree weather.
I know all about tank moves have several under my belt the worst was a 200DD from NJ to here in Ohio. Come up to LEAR next month if you have never been you are missing out

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a really rough week at the Fed Ex hubs unfortunately. Brutal in fact, and delays are pretty much certain at this point for anything routed through Memphis, Indianapolis and Fort worth for the rest of the week. I am contacting everyone who is scheduled for delivery this week about postponing.

Swayne_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a really rough week at the Fed Ex hubs unfortunately. Brutal in fact, and delays are pretty much certain at this point for anything routed through Memphis, Indianapolis and Fort worth for the rest of the week. I am contacting everyone who is scheduled for delivery this week about postponing.
good call Adam

Waalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd try to wake this thread up a bit. I've been wondering where all the contestants are from? Experience levels? Anyone care to share setup info or parameters? I'll start...

I'm in Kane county Illinois. About a 40 minute drive to Chicago(East) or Wisconsin( North).

I started saltwater in 2004 and have kept a tank in some form or another ever since. I first started keeping coral in 2006. It was different then compared to now. I had several nice fish stores near me. Each had live rock, actually came from the ocean back then. Along with captive raised, maricultured and wild corals. Hard to find stores like that around here these days around here.

I currently have a 40 gallon breeder with 1 Kessil 380 and 1 Kessil 160 over it. Today, I added a 36" LET 2x T5 retrofit kit over the tank. With one ATI blue plus and one ATI coral plus for now. I do not use a sump or controller. Pretty much just test often and dose rarely. I do 15% wc every other week. And rock a hob skimmer and 1 mp40 for flow.

As far as parameters...
DKH=8.3
CA=420
MG=1280
That's all for now:)

Matt
Youngstown, OH here, started my first tank (29g) in 2013 and been hooked (And forever broke) ever since! Using the Triton Method in a 75g now, still waiting to get an ICP test done so the only thing I measure as of late is Alk which is pretty consistent 8.3ish.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Um...86 that. Make that next week, maybe, lol

I feel bad for Adam, it’s been a rough time for shipping

lol No worries it come with the job. We can't control the weather, but in hindsight, we should have held this contest in a more agreeable shipping season. We'll get them al out though thats for sure

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all about tank moves have several under my belt the worst was a 200DD from NJ to here in Ohio. Come up to LEAR next month if you have never been you are missing out

I'm going to LEAR! It will be great!

Youngstown, OH here, started my first tank (29g) in 2013 and been hooked (And forever broke) ever since! Using the Triton Method in a 75g now, still waiting to get an ICP test done so the only thing I measure as of late is Alk which is pretty consistent 8.3ish.

I won't be able to make LEAR, but I am attending the BuckeyeReef Expo March 18th in Perrysburg Ohio. I have been the last three years, and it has become a very impressive venue.

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd try to wake this thread up a bit. I've been wondering where all the contestants are from? Experience levels? Anyone care to share setup info or parameters? I'll start...

I'm in Kane county Illinois. About a 40 minute drive to Chicago(East) or Wisconsin( North).

I started saltwater in 2004 and have kept a tank in some form or another ever since. I first started keeping coral in 2006. It was different then compared to now. I had several nice fish stores near me. Each had live rock, actually came from the ocean back then. Along with captive raised, maricultured and wild corals. Hard to find stores like that around here these days around here.

I currently have a 40 gallon breeder with 1 Kessil 380 and 1 Kessil 160 over it. Today, I added a 36" LET 2x T5 retrofit kit over the tank. With one ATI blue plus and one ATI coral plus for now. I do not use a sump or controller. Pretty much just test often and dose rarely. I do 15% wc every other week. And rock a hob skimmer and 1 mp40 for flow.

As far as parameters...
DKH=8.3
CA=420
MG=1280
That's all for now:)

Matt
Im down....My name is Kyle, from Bristol Pa, about 30 mins outside of Philly. Currently Director of Innovation for A.C. Moore (Thought it would be cool to know what everyone does for a living too!) Been doing saltwater since about 2009, but have had fish tank my whole life. That was a 5 gallon, then i moved to a 29 and a 20 long, then to a 3 gallon pico, then to a 28 gallon cube, then back to a 5.5 nd now an 11.5 waterbox AIO. Ive had a lot of tanks, mostly from moving and changing setups. Tanks went from home to office which started with the 3 gallon pico.

Current tank is mixed reef with Rock flower nems at the bottom(10 adults and about 20 babies) a rainbow BTA, and SPS up top. Current SPS lineup is Vivid rainbow, Walt Disney, Red Robin, JF fox Flame, Cliffs Acro, Setosa, Blue-green Stag, and PC Rainbow. All are frags under 2" Ohh ive got GSP on the back wall.

Pair of Black ice clowns and a yellow clown goby from a previous tank.

Lighting is Hydra 26HD, MP10, skimmer, ATO, heater, lol standard equip. Don't really dose, WC sporattically, and rareley test. just judge based on how corals are looking.

Looking forward to this!

Danny Venditti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it too late to get in on this?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back