OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installing dual Clearisea SK5000 filter roller setup. Pretty straight foward installation and perfect fitment on the purpose built SK60 Synergy Reef Sump.

1628653064210.jpeg

1628653071793.jpeg

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled a new 1" bulkhead into the crashbox on the synergy reef sump, this new bulkhead is plumbed directly into my mixing station for easy water changes, a Sicce SDC 9.0 pump is pushing the water from the mixing station to the tank which is about 40 feet away.

1628703224213.jpeg

1628703230075.jpeg

1628703236334.jpeg

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the Reef Octo Calcium Reactor, had it in the office space next to the tank but then I was annoyed by the constant clicking of the Carbon Doser cO2 regulator so I moved it behind the wall in the garage. I am running the Versa pump for the effluent and the Ocean Box Designs dosing tub holder to place it in the sump.

1628706168361.jpeg

1628706173872.jpeg

1628706181073.jpeg

1628706253685.jpeg

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there a cover for the overflow box ? Awesome build man , I'm looking to get this tank and was trying to figure out controller board setup . With the way you have it when you open the door is there enough slack in wire that nothing moves? All the power bricks behind tank or in stand ? Amazing plumbing , scape looks great

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a cover for the overflow box ? Awesome build man , I'm looking to get this tank and was trying to figure out controller board setup . With the way you have it when you open the door is there enough slack in wire that nothing moves? All the power bricks behind tank or in stand ? Amazing plumbing , scape looks great
Thank you for the kind words!! Yes there is cover for the overflow box. And there is plenty of slack left in the wires that go to the control board for the door to fully swing open without pulling or binding. The power bricks for the lights are behind the tank, and the rest of the power bricks are screwed into the boards attached to the back of the tank.

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been awhile since I updated my build thread. Lots of new updates and some equipment changes over the last few months. I will start to upload my updates today. Stay Tuned!

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the PAR readings from the tank are various levels. Red being the front of the tank, Blue is the middle and Green is towards the back of the tank.

I have my lighting about 16 inches above the tank, Kessil A500x are running at 35% intensity and Reefbrite bars are set to the 3rd brightest setting.

FB9A9793.JPG

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of equipment updates. I have now fully removed the refugium in the sump, it has now been repurposed into a small holding area/frag tank with a Kessil A360x Tuna Blue powering it. The refugium duties are now being replaced by a Clearwater Algae Scrubber CWS200.

IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6082.jpg

IMG_6195.jpg

IMG_6773.jpg

IMG_6844.jpg

C2722FEE-B4F6-485A-B96C-B8063FCB4ACF.JPG

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also installed an older Ipad Mini 2 on my cabinet door to act as my Neptune Apex Dashboard.

The Mount that I used was purchased on Amazon and I mounted it to my cabinet door with the screws that it came with. Ipad Cabinet Mount

IMG_6993.jpg

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the last winter storm in Texas we lost power, water and gas for 5 days. Luckily I had two generators that saved our tanks and allowed us to cook food. But we had to siphon gas from our cars and neighbors cars to keep the generators going for 5 days. I decided to install Tesla solar and powerwalls and use the generators as redundancy to this if another major storm ever hits again.

IMG_7980.JPG

IMG_7982.JPG
IMG_7981.JPG

dustinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed reading through your thread. My EXT 200 is delivered later this month. Feel free to check out my build thread in my profile. Super pumped to get it up and going and working hard on my aquascape now. Where are you in Texas? We are just outside DFW and just had a solar consultation today for the same reason. Would love more info on who you used and output/cost. Thanks

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed reading through your thread. My EXT 200 is delivered later this month. Feel free to check out my build thread in my profile. Super pumped to get it up and going and working hard on my aquascape now. Where are you in Texas? We are just outside DFW and just had a solar consultation today for the same reason. Would love more info on who you used and output/cost. Thanks

Thanks for checking out the build! I will definitely follow along with yours. New builds are always fun! I'm over in Leander about 30 mins from DT Austin. Yeah that last winter storm could have ended badly if I didn't have my generator, even with the generator I was struggling keeping it running for 5 days.

I used Tesla directly from their website and I was able to get it installed within 4-5 months of the initial order. You can private message me for more information on how many panels etc I got and cost.

dmalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting together the reactors for carbon and GFO, this will be plumbed into the secondary pump powering the manifold.

I used the Aquamaxx Reactors from MarineDepot, they barb fittings are easily removed and replaced with 1/2" hard pipe fittings.

I decided to plumb them directly above the sump in case they leak, the water can fall back into the sump.
Putting together the reactors for carbon and GFO, this will be plumbed into the secondary pump powering the manifold.

I used the Aquamaxx Reactors from MarineDepot, they barb fittings are easily removed and replaced with 1/2" hard pipe fittings.

I decided to plumb them directly above the sump in case they leak, the water can fall back into the sump.

1621965159563.png

1621965216583.png
Awesome build! How are you mounting the manifold to the stand? I couldn’t tell from the picture if the brackets holding the manifold are glued to the cross bar, or if the bracket is connected to the slot with a T screw.

OP
OP
bayarea_reef

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! How are you mounting the manifold to the stand? I couldn’t tell from the picture if the brackets holding the manifold are glued to the cross bar, or if the bracket is connected to the slot with a T screw.

I tapped the aluminum bar above with m4 machine screw and I mounted a 3/4" PVC Pipe Clamp that holds it up pretty well.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 67 79.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back