BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

harthag12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted to do wings but never got around to it. Do you do anything special to them like a brine soak? Or just straight on?
Just straight, i like them a bit overdone. That batch i think were salt and vinegar wings, really good but pretty awful for your blood pressure.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a jump on things tonight with a nice little pork butt on for a 12-14 hour smoke. Add three racks of spares to go on tomorrow morning and by early afternoon we should be right where I want to be.

eis5kXuh.jpg
dzDGqa1h.jpg
HQsrct5h.jpg
fmg6CK7h.jpg

Morning update:

I set my alarm every two hours when I smoke overnight to check temps and add wood. I slept through one and the smoker came down to 150 degrees about 5 am this morning, but pork butt is pretty forgiving so it should turn out fine. Ribs are ready to go on. Gonna be a good day! :)

2RviEjTh.jpg

vkQV2F7h.jpg

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where you live....the costco business centers are smoking central for meat! I have a prime brisket, pork brisket bones (fall off from st louis), back rib portions (peeled back rib sections 2-4 bones) and a new rib they have called short cut st louis ribs (slight difference in size from the normal rib just .30 less per lb). That is a line up!

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where you live....the costco business centers are smoking central for meat! I have a prime brisket, pork brisket bones (fall off from st louis), back rib portions (peeled back rib sections 2-4 bones) and a new rib they have called short cut st louis ribs (slight difference in size from the normal rib just .30 less per lb). That is a line up!
got to agree 100%! Just went for the first time last week. Surprised to see whole hogs, lambs, and goats. Pork belly with and without skin, beef ribs, skort ribs, beef shoulder clod, pretty much all the primal cuts of meat.
c873207585cc014f3bc6300e8058a7fa.jpg
76a7969a04febd13b4fc9fbcc91b550e.jpg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good God that looks sexy! And I thought Restaurant Depot was pretty good. That selection looks amazing!

Just pulled the butts from the WSM. Currently resting, double wrapped in foil and towels in a cooler. I’ll post some Q-vue in a few hours.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got 3 pork butts slow smoking right now for this afternoon. They've been going all night. :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be firing it up today because we are supposed to have heavy rains, but this is my Orion cooker.
Fire only on the outside, bottom and top. Wood chips applied around the inside bottom of the drip pan provides all the smoke flavor
you need. Quicker cooking times and really tender meat. It does ribs really well. They hang on special brackets. You can do 9 racks
of ribs at once, though I have never needed that much meat. I did a 20 pound turkey in it last Thanksgiving and it was awesome!

OrionLightingUp.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

OrionCookTimes.JPG

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning update:

I set my alarm every two hours when I smoke overnight to check temps and add wood. I slept through one and the smoker came down to 150 degrees about 5 am this morning, but pork butt is pretty forgiving so it should turn out fine. Ribs are ready to go on. Gonna be a good day! :)

2RviEjTh.jpg

vkQV2F7h.jpg

Butt's done! Lunchtime!

nRg8R2Ih.jpg
tYsR97qh.jpg
GAG4vXmh.jpg

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three trays of pulled pork, overnight in my WSM and one tray of tangy mustard slaw...

17C17646-BBBE-4265-86A7-ACBF257E040B.jpeg

You have me beat on the pulled pork, brother. I can't compete with three trays PLUS slaw! But I'm about to one-up you right now because the first rack of ribs are off the smoker! :D

Everyone have a great 4th and enjoy your fireworks safely!

DI9JRsfh.jpg

hyHhEobh.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back