BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking my tax return will go towards the same model instead of other stuff this year!
They are proud of these things! Shipping alone is almost $200.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats not bad considering it weighs nearly 400 lbs!
Very true. I'm having it delivered to work so I can load it into my truck with a forklift. Not sure how many people I need to have over to unload and assemble it!

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true. I'm having it delivered to work so I can load it into my truck with a forklift. Not sure how many people I need to have over to unload and assemble it!

I will say that my YS640 has been rock solid and it’s really versatile. I have had it for almost 4 years and use it for everything!!

Your going to love it!!!

Take a look at All Things BBQ and their YouTube channel. Chef Tom cooks almost everything on the YS640 smokers. Fantastic cooks.

Gatling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats on my grill? Snow -_- welcome to Canada haha

On a related note, my Dad wants to get the Big Green Egg. Downside, costs just as much as an entire reef aquarium!

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw some Pit Boss grills they got in at Menards for Christmas. I want one so bad.

;Drool

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw some Pit Boss grills they got in at Menards for Christmas. I want one so bad.

;Drool

From what I have seen, Walmart and Sams club have the best price on the Pit Boss. And if you’re not interested in using it for grilling, you may wanna look into the Copperheads from Pit Boss. Vertical smoker with pretty decent capacity.

I was just at Costco last weekend and noticed they got in more of the Louisiana Grills champion with the offset smoker box.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

I plan on useing it for grilling and all the other stuff you can do with a pellet grill. Have you had any problems with the temperature control failing? I read some reviews complaining about that with pit boss.

OP
OP
gcarroll

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

I plan on useing it for grilling and all the other stuff you can do with a pellet grill. Have you had any problems with the temperature control failing? I read some reviews complaining about that with pit boss.
I did have an issue when it once went out of calibration. It was an easy fix to reprogram. I have the LG. Same company owns pit boss but more advanced controllers. It’s all digital rather than the knob and also you can set cook temp and the smoker will switch to hold mode when the meat reaches that temp.

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3676df5b5e84fe6f6920de90c3584c59.jpg

[emoji50][emoji16]

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had boar. How close is it to regular pig ribs?

I thought they would be tough and dry and they weren't either. It was the same flavor as farm pork but had a different texture. The rest of the hog we made into breakfast sausage and steaks for chicken frying.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back