BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to firer up the smoker last night. Everything was working good so threw my burger on and set the alarm for 1hr. Alarm goes off I go out to turn the temp up. The grill display was flashing and it was ice cold. I open it up and take the cover off. The auger was turning. The hopper was full so I’m like crap I have to empty this out to see what’s going on. At the very bottom just before the auger there was a thin layer of hard crust. I get a fork chop it up and make sure it comes out. I refill the hopper and restart the grill. Finally 2hrs later I have my burger. So mad at my self.

Slawman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Looooove low and slow. I have a Primo XL and cant think of much better than a pork shoulder after a good 12 hours at 100. I like to cook a bit lower and longer and find this keeps the meat succulent and still same tenderness. I also love a good reverse sear on a tomahawk or a 2 inch scotch fillet.

My wife went vegetarian a year or two back which slowed me down a bit so now only on special occasions....

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to firer up the smoker last night. Everything was working good so threw my burger on and set the alarm for 1hr. Alarm goes off I go out to turn the temp up. The grill display was flashing and it was ice cold. I open it up and take the cover off. The auger was turning. The hopper was full so I’m like crap I have to empty this out to see what’s going on. At the very bottom just before the auger there was a thin layer of hard crust. I get a fork chop it up and make sure it comes out. I refill the hopper and restart the grill. Finally 2hrs later I have my burger. So mad at my self.

I've seen a Fast Eddy pellet smoker have the fire pot go out in the middle of a competition. 2 hours passed before the guy on watch noticed it. Did me make him pay for it the rest of the night/day. The team took grand champion so I guess he had the last laugh.

I too learned the hard way to regularly clean out the fire pot on my Fast Eddy

When I am grilling for just me, it's the weber smokey joe.

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-2-1 method on spare ribs.

41125660-3CD9-43E4-AD98-0BBDB39D824F.jpeg 757E4CA7-74D8-4770-A6C6-E36E95935DFF.jpeg EC70AA17-2D55-492B-816F-AB301325BD6F.jpeg 07B7523F-A015-4122-BC71-801C6D2579C7.jpeg
They came out great. Although I am not a fan of spare compared to baby back imo. The Zgrills worked wonderful as I was a bit skeptical with the reviews online. I really wanted a traeger but I am very happy with this grill for price and reliability.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back