BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the different flavor of the Brazilian steak rub. It has a little sweetness and spicy to it.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forced air pellet burners are never oxygen starved so they will burn very clean. They will add a smoke flavor that matches the wood.
Some people have come to enjoy a more acrid smoke flavor that comes from running a slightly oxygen starved fire. This is that campfire smell when a fire is just lit or after it was put out. This used to be considered a sign of a pit master who couldn't manage his fire properly but now some people associate it with good BBQ.
For people who like this style of BBQ, a pellet grill is generally a bad choice. You can get a bit of the flavor with a pellet packed smoke tube placed right on the edge of the grill above the infeed since that is a low airflow area.
I can 100% tell what wood a BBQed piece of meat is smoked on. I think this is the one reason I don't care for the electric smoker. You get that "burnt" wood taste, not the smokey wood flavor.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So inspire me guys.... how do you cook your steaks on the grill especially ’rump’ which I’m having tonight ?

Just about 1 inch thick

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that some kind a meat club thing?
It’s a company that sells quality meet,
Including wagyu/angus cross bred beef and really good pork. It’s worth a try IMO especially if you’re into grilling/smoking. Shipping cost is also reasonable.
I've done their tri-tips and love them! Would be interested to see how you like the brisket. I just did a local Montana "wagyu" brisket. They say 85-90% "wagyu" genetics. I thought the flat was phenomenal but as the point is inherently fatty I think the fatty wagyu made it a little bit unappealing. Curious if you get the same result
I was tempted on the tri tip my self, the brisket however was great, and at 14+ pounds you can go wrong. I did end up trimming off about 2 pounds of Fat! Which was bit much, I saved it,
Figured I could make something down the road with it.
I think I ended up eating about a pound and a half in one sit down lol. It was about a 10 hour cook on my wsm, 1 hour rest. I cut the flat off and grilled it on a propane grill for my family, and smoked the point for my self. The only thing I regret was not adding a little Beef Broth when I wrapped it after the crust set, but It was still fork tender. I also got a 3 pound flank, wagyu ground beef, and franks. It was my first time ordering from them, and I don’t regret it.

391EDB77-218F-4374-A249-489DF6E99AE3.jpeg

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe that folks use FLAVORLESS INCINERATION DEVICES.
IE gas ran ranges.
LoL. Sorry dont want to offend but.....

The flavor is found in lumpwood and a ceramic cooker.
My two fan based requests over and over.
Turkey and Pulled pork

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back