BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I’m starting to want to firer up the pellet grill again!

Last edited:

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I don’t get kicked out of this particular thread ... saw The Game Changers a few days ago and just grilled Beyond Meat burgers (for the first time) on my Traeger. The boys didn’t know it was Beyond meat. Grilled onions on top, avocados, tomatoes, pickles, cheese, etc, the rest is regular stuff. Both boys said it tasted better than a regular burger. I really liked it as well. It is so good and resembles meat so well, even better. Heresy. Will try Impossible Meat next to compare.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I don’t get kicked out of this particular thread ... saw The Game Changers a few days ago and just grilled Beyond Meat burgers (for the first time) on my Traeger. The boys didn’t know it was Beyond meat. Grilled onions on top, avocados, tomatoes, pickles, cheese, etc, the rest is regular stuff. Both boys said it tasted better than a regular burger. I really liked it as well. It is so good and resembles meat so well, even better. Heresy. Will try Impossible Meat next to compare.
I'm trying to figure out what the point is of an Impossible burger. The calories and fat content aren't much different than beef.

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out what the point is of an Impossible burger. The calories and fat content aren't much different than beef.

that was one of the focus areas of The Game Changers documentary. Its on Netflix, highly recommend it. Its not your typical “lets turn everyone into vegans” type. I found it quite interesting. Goes deeper into science of how our body processes meat vs plant based proteins. also drills down on the environmental impact of the energy and resources required to produce the same amount of protein etc. It was an enlightening experience. Trust me, coming from someone who has a Big Green Egg, Traeger, open charcoal grill as well as a japanese yakotori grill that get fired up at least once a week.

Spartyparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is vegetarian. So I understand completely. But I have a 10 pound pork shoulder going on my big green egg started tonight for an all night low and slow. Pulled pork samiches for lunch

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the new version of my pit boss. A lot of nice add on’s. Two temp probes and a side shelf. A rod to slide the vent open for grilling over an open flame.

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the new version of my pit boss. A lot of nice add on’s. Two temp probes and a side shelf. A rod to slide the vent open for grilling over an open flame.
I didnt know they were going to upgrade the pit boss, basically they added all the DIY things people were doing to the older version, thats nice, i am going to look on that because all those things are definetly needed and i need to find a way to convince my wife i need a new smoker.

Back