BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beer can chicken ready to go on. Bought one of those nifty little can holders at walmart while I was there this morning. Just heating up the grill.

Cheap beer(Buschhhhhh) supplied by my brother in law since I don't drink. lol

20200629_154353.jpg

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are you guys paying for brisket right now? It was over $6/lb at Costco last week. They actually had waygu ones for not much more so tried one of those about a month ago. It was amazing. I didn't think you could outdo the prime ones at costco but now I know you can.

Jarvisffc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are you guys paying for brisket right now? It was over $6/lb at Costco last week. They actually had waygu ones for not much more so tried one of those about a month ago. It was amazing. I didn't think you could outdo the prime ones at costco but now I know you can.
I’m from the UK, ive paid between £6 and £9 per kilo, so around 7 to just over 11 dollars a kilo

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Costco is ok. Not as soft as the HEB meats. Wagyu meats are pretty good. I’d rather have a prime or aged. But that’s just my preference. The grass fed are ok too

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Costco is ok. Not as soft as the HEB meats. Wagyu meats are pretty good. I’d rather have a prime or aged. But that’s just my preference. The grass fed are ok too

No HEBs in the Dallas area unfortunately. My understanding is they bought land in my area but then Walmart bought the land across from them and then they "decided" not to build.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's what I was thinking is starting it at like midnight on Friday to let it smoke all night and day for dinner on the 4th.
Thanks for the advice I am going to take it out of the freezer today hopefully it thaws all the way by Wednesday to do the salt

I would trim the fat right away out of the freezer.
Sounds crazy but the colder the fat the easier it to cut.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much going on in this thread for awhile. I have a brisket I am doing for the 4th. Thinking about trying Meat Church rubs. Will post pictures when it goes on. I did upgrade my 15 year old Treager this winter.

Did you get another Treager?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back