BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beer can chicken ready to go on. Bought one of those nifty little can holders at walmart while I was there this morning. Just heating up the grill.

Cheap beer(Buschhhhhh) supplied by my brother in law since I don't drink. lol

20200629_154353.jpg
Just an FYI.
Try Rootbeer instead of beer the next time.
Absolutly amazing, better than any beer IMO.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to cut my ribs in half back when I had a small electric smoker. Never noticed a difference either way. Still cooked the same time.
I would agree with you but only for ribs.
Not a Brisket

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teaching my son. Also anniversary dinner.

20200629_174201.jpg 20200629_174155.jpg

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No HEBs in the Dallas area unfortunately. My understanding is they bought land in my area but then Walmart bought the land across from them and then they "decided" not to build.
Walmart has to ruin everything

phillygeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky and came into some A5 Wagyu. Last time we seared it on the cast iron and kept it rare with just a little salt. Very rich but very tasty and not your typical meat experience. Thinking of trying something on the Traeger next go around on Thursday. F7811AEF-437F-441C-841A-C8C5A61BA4DB.jpeg

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a brisket on the fourth for the family. Love to smoke the meats!
Improved an Oklahoma Joe's offset smoker with a homemade 120v AC/12v DC temp control, with some gasketing and high temp silicone and toggle clamps she holds temps dead nuts.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I got a Yoder

You went with the best. Way out of my price range. I heard Treagers aren't as good as they used to be. I bought a cheap Pit Boss just to see if I would like a pellet grill. I do like it so now would like to upgrade. Just too many medical bills coming up so no upgrades this year unless some great deal falls in my lap. I've been looking at the grilla pellet smokers and they seem to get could reviews. They also have a local showroom which is nice if there are issues. The Camp Chef is intriguing because of the add-ons but not sure I would ever use them. It will probably come down to the grilla or Rec Tec when I do upgrade. I will still do my briskets and pork butts on the off set smoker. I wasn't impressed with what I tried on the pellet smoker. Just not enough smoke flavor for my taste.

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the plan I took it out of the freezer last night trimmed some fat have it resting today to thaw the rest of the way and tomorrow I will salt it and let sit for a day as suggested. I will then make a rub and smoke on Friday at 220 to 225 starting around midnight

Jarvisffc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the plan I took it out of the freezer last night trimmed some fat have it resting today to thaw the rest of the way and tomorrow I will salt it and let sit for a day as suggested. I will then make a rub and smoke on Friday at 220 to 225 starting around midnight

I have a Weber SM and on there I apply the rub the night before, fire up using minion method and look to cook at between 200 to 225 as you suggest, when internal temp of the flat is 170F I wrap it in foil and then its "usually" an average of 4 hours to get it up to 200-205F temp, ill take off when the flat is at this temp and the probe goes easily in. Will then take off wrap in another layer of foil and a towel and leave in a cold oven for minimum of 1 hour.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malcom Reed (how to bbq right) is my favorite.

He is my first look when trying something new. I do not know if Chris Lilly has any videos but his chicken and pork butt recipes are my goto.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Weber SM and on there I apply the rub the night before, fire up using minion method and look to cook at between 200 to 225 as you suggest, when internal temp of the flat is 170F I wrap it in foil and then its "usually" an average of 4 hours to get it up to 200-205F temp, ill take off when the flat is at this temp and the probe goes easily in. Will then take off wrap in another layer of foil and a towel and leave in a cold oven for minimum of 1 hour.
Have you ever tried brining a brisket? My friend did one recently on his Traeger and it was divine.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You went with the best. Way out of my price range. I heard Treagers aren't as good as they used to be. I bought a cheap Pit Boss just to see if I would like a pellet grill. I do like it so now would like to upgrade. Just too many medical bills coming up so no upgrades this year unless some great deal falls in my lap. I've been looking at the grilla pellet smokers and they seem to get could reviews. They also have a local showroom which is nice if there are issues. The Camp Chef is intriguing because of the add-ons but not sure I would ever use them. It will probably come down to the grilla or Rec Tec when I do upgrade. I will still do my briskets and pork butts on the off set smoker. I wasn't impressed with what I tried on the pellet smoker. Just not enough smoke flavor for my taste.
I think that the Pit Boss is the best value out there right now.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lionfish can be on the menu. But am not too good at cleaning fish any longer. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sebastien Florida is the place to catch them.
Wild Ocean Seafood in Titusville has them in on a pretty regular basis now and they will clean them for you.

Grills at Port Canaveral has them on the menu most of the time as well (don't know about now with the funk going around). They tempura fry the whole fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back