BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

ichthyoid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I was recently turned onto the 1792 small batch. Might be a good addition to your collection.

I picked up this today. The Maker’s 46 scored 94 points at the UBC challenge. Hoping to snag a bottle or two of Blanton’s in a couple of months.

09858C4F-2249-41DF-BD43-3B9E7236A861.jpeg

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this today. The Maker’s 46 scored 94 points at the UBC challenge. Hoping to snag a bottle or two of Blanton’s in a couple of months.

09858C4F-2249-41DF-BD43-3B9E7236A861.jpeg
It's probably been 5 years since my house hasn't had at least 1 bottle of 46 in it!

Don't try the Makers Cask.... consider yourself warned!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably been 5 years since my house hasn't had at least 1 bottle of 46 in it!

Don't try the Makers Cask.... consider yourself warned!

I'm glad I hate the taste of alcohol. I figure it saves me a lot of money.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not exactly traditional for a grill, but I love a pizza cooked at 650F.
5E8A2C1A-9D8F-4198-9556-D36F2A15C886.jpeg

I love pizza on the grill.. We did it in a cast iron pan this year on a Weber and it was great.

I took so many pictures and never got to post them in this thread. My phone died and I lost them all..

Got a Weber this year for my birthday and used it allot. Got a wok for the Weber and made fajitas and stir fry from our garden. Still did a lot on the pellet grill. Gas grill got almost no use ...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar to a green egg. You like it better then an off set grill?
Tough question... it's almost like asking if I like my sauce pan better than my saute pan. I will say that my Joe is the most used of my 3 grills. I can get a nice smoke flavor when going low and slow, and it heats up very hot for steaks and pizza. The Joe is also great for 2 zone use. I can smoke wings on one side using indirect and have the other half set up for direct cooking to finish them. The down side? It's small for larger cooks.
If I want to smoke larger portions, or if I want to let something smoke overnight or while I'm away, the Yoder 640 pellet grill shines. It's hard to beat how easy a pellet grill is to use and where my Joe can cook for 2-4, the pellet grill can cook for 10+.
I don't have an offset, but if I do entertain more, I'll pick one up. I would like my Yoder to have a little more smoke flavor. There is also something to be said for the primal aspect of manually maintaining a fire. I could get pretty much the same low and slow results as the Joe but for a larger crowd. I could see a Lang reverse flow offset in my future.
I do have a Weber propane grill that doesn't get used often, but it has it's place. Nothing is easier for some quick burgers and hot dogs for a last minute get together.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough question... it's almost like asking if I like my sauce pan better than my saute pan. I will say that my Joe is the most used of my 3 grills. I can get a nice smoke flavor when going low and slow, and it heats up very hot for steaks and pizza. The Joe is also great for 2 zone use. I can smoke wings on one side using indirect and have the other half set up for direct cooking to finish them. The down side? It's small for larger cooks.
If I want to smoke larger portions, or if I want to let something smoke overnight or while I'm away, the Yoder 640 pellet grill shines. It's hard to beat how easy a pellet grill is to use and where my Joe can cook for 2-4, the pellet grill can cook for 10+.
I don't have an offset, but if I do entertain more, I'll pick one up. I would like my Yoder to have a little more smoke flavor. There is also something to be said for the primal aspect of manually maintaining a fire. I could get pretty much the same low and slow results as the Joe but for a larger crowd. I could see a Lang reverse flow offset in my future.
I do have a Weber propane grill that doesn't get used often, but it has it's place. Nothing is easier for some quick burgers and hot dogs for a last minute get together.

I’ve been debating putting a cold smoker on the pellet grill to have the option of getting more of an off set smoke flavor.

20D87876-7B83-4A47-9FE7-049601C86B07.png

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the pit boss because it felt heavier and the sliding cover gives you the option of grilling over an open flame. Picked up a small sear grill as well.

Went with the Traeager cause my neighbor is an authorized dealer and gave me a ridiculous deal lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back