!!!BC GILDED LILY, THIS ONE IS YELLOW, REALLY I SWEAR. DON'T BELIEVE ME? JUST ASK MILLI VANNILLI!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The hunt for yellow Acropora has always been an elusive and mostly usually disappointing quest. I mean the majority of wild yellows look insane off the boat and are nearly impossible to pass on, but will transition to a sort of yellow-green in captivity. There's yellow in there for sure but not a really clean yellow if you know what I mean. If you really blast them you can get a fairly decent yellow out of them. Especially under bluer lighting. I've got a few of these and they are nice too. Make no mistake. My Lemon Peel was the best example of a clean and easy yellow I had up till now. This guy, however, is different and in an entirely different way.

What makes the Lily so interesting is not that it's an exception to the "yellow-to-green" transition, rather that it came in as a sharp and very stark orange, and just like our wild yellows want to transition to a soft green, the orange coloration of the Lily, while in captive conditions, has transitioned to a stunning deep yellow. I've honestly never seen anything quite like it. Now part of me really wanted to keep this a secret so other vendors weren't on the lookout for anything orange, but it's just too cool of a detail to hide.

So for those of you looking to add an honestly super vibrant and well-defined yellow to your system, the Lily is the piece you want. I promise, cross my heart.

Here are a couple of pics. The first under blue, the second a daylight shot. It really is that yellow! And if you got one, maybe you can back me up:)

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish mine still looked like that. Mine has browned out. Hoping it makes a comeback

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This one is crazy! I love it!

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Adam! When you say ”blue”, what lighting are you meaning? LED? Royal Blues only? Thanks!!

PS - My last box is doing great (and the boxes before that one too)!

Last edited:

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of acropora is that? Corolites look like a morph of Tenuis

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine browned out too now, which my new acros generally don’t, however it’s starting to yellow up again, the tips and returning to yellow, yay. Here is a pic when I got it alongside BC web pics.

I honestly didn’t think there was a true yellow acro,,,, I had tried several in the past and best I ever saw was sorta yellow, nothing like some montis get, but this is a real yellow and a coral I didn’t think existed!

can’t wait to watch it color up again. No idea why it went brown.
524A37B6-4C54-4B93-A098-BE7B4C3E8495.jpeg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wish mine still looked like that. Mine has browned out. Hoping it makes a comeback
My best guess would be transitioning to lighting/nutrients or a combination of both. How long has it been in your system?

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best guess would be transitioning to lighting/nutrients or a combination of both. How long has it been in your system?
I got mine from you a couple weeks ago. I’m not worried about it. I figured it would take a couple months to transition to my T5s. And I can confirm. They really are that color. Mine was the bright yellow when it arrived. Beautiful color.

Last edited:

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hunt for yellow Acropora has always been an elusive and mostly usually disappointing quest. I mean the majority of wild yellows look insane off the boat and are nearly impossible to pass on, but will transition to a sort of yellow-green in captivity. There's yellow in there for sure but not a really clean yellow if you know what I mean. If you really blast them you can get a fairly decent yellow out of them. Especially under bluer lighting. I've got a few of these and they are nice too. Make no mistake. My Lemon Peel was the best example of a clean and easy yellow I had up till now. This guy, however, is different and in an entirely different way.

What makes the Lily so interesting is not that it's an exception to the "yellow-to-green" transition, rather that it came in as a sharp and very stark orange, and just like our wild yellows want to transition to a soft green, the orange coloration of the Lily, while in captive conditions, has transitioned to a stunning deep yellow. I've honestly never seen anything quite like it. Now part of me really wanted to keep this a secret so other vendors weren't on the lookout for anything orange, but it's just too cool of a detail to hide.

So for those of you looking to add an honestly super vibrant and well-defined yellow to your system, the Lily is the piece you want. I promise, cross my heart.

Here are a couple of pics. The first under blue, the second a daylight shot. It really is that yellow! And if you got one, maybe you can back me up:)

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg
Any idea what I can do for mine? Still browned out. I know it takes time but it’s not showing any signs of yellow anymore. I will add it lost all color within a couple days so it’s not “getting worse”. I know it’s not the frag because it came in looking great. It about halfway down in my 24” deep tank under 6 T5(2 blue plus and 2 Geismann 6500) with two Reef Brite actinics for added pop morning and night. Blues are on for 10 hours and 6500s for 6. Alk is 9.5, calc 450. NO3 is 1-2 and po4 between .03 and .11. No tissue loss or anything. It might be encrusting a bit but he’s to confirm. Any ideas or just give it time? Frags have been in since July 13th. Her it is on top middle
97077CE1-C586-43EC-8364-AD652E9A4BF3.png

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any idea what I can do for mine? Still browned out. I know it takes time but it’s not showing any signs of yellow anymore. I will add it lost all color within a couple days so it’s not “getting worse”. I know it’s not the frag because it came in looking great. It about halfway down in my 24” deep tank under 6 T5(2 blue plus and 2 Geismann 6500) with two Reef Brite actinics for added pop morning and night. Blues are on for 10 hours and 6500s for 6. Alk is 9.5, calc 450. NO3 is 1-2 and po4 between .03 and .11. No tissue loss or anything. It might be encrusting a bit but he’s to confirm. Any ideas or just give it time? Frags have been in since July 13th. Her it is on top middle
97077CE1-C586-43EC-8364-AD652E9A4BF3.png
Hmm definitely odd man. But I think we can get to the bottom of this. Curious, do you have any idea of what kind of par your tank is getting? You are getting really good growth so I'm sure it's healthy. we are just missing one piece to the puzzle i think

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm definitely odd man. But I think we can get to the bottom of this. Curious, do you have any idea of what kind of par your tank is getting? You are getting really good growth so I'm sure it's healthy. we are just missing one piece to the puzzle i think
When I first set the tank up I used a Seneye to check the par and halfway up the tank was around 250 with 4 on and 350 with all 6. With the two actinics maybe just bit more.

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
207139E2-72F3-4884-B165-60801CA560D1.jpeg
It’s starting to show some yellow! It’s not much but after a month there are a couple tips that are getting some color back. Cannot wait!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back