OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened by the fish store again today and got a Christmas wrasse. I think it’s actually a red lined wrasse (halichoeres biocellatus). Hopefully it won’t hide in the sandbed too long and I can get a pic to confirm. Also grabbed a pack of LRS Fish Frenzy. I’ve never fed frozen before but know it’s better so I’ll start adding that into the routine along with the flakes/pellets.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the sand, eating and active :)
0B01B8A8-0599-418F-B073-20A0024EACC7.jpeg

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I just set up the INT 100 and I wonder if you have this same issue....in order to get the return standpipe into the locline bulkhead, the nylon hose needs to bend a little...I was concerned this could put pressure on the bulkhead or bottom glass....I spoke with IM and they think its fine, I just wonder if its something you noticed. Here is a pic of mine
20201222_170910.jpg

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I just set up the INT 100 and I wonder if you have this same issue....in order to get the return standpipe into the locline bulkhead, the nylon hose needs to bend a little...I was concerned this could put pressure on the bulkhead or bottom glass....I spoke with IM and they think its fine, I just wonder if its something you noticed. Here is a pic of mine
20201222_170910.jpg
I just cut it shorter so it didn’t have to bend

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just wonder if I should switch it with silicone tubing....I'm concerned about the pressure this bend might cause

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could probably just hard plumb it too, don’t see why not
Ya but then I have to do the return all over....I'll probably just let it be...I assume the tubing will take shape of its position and not cause much stress

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a Splendid Pintail wrasse today, it’s pretty skittish but is eating LRS Fish Frenzy readily like everyone else, hopefully I can get a good picture soon.

I go back to work tomorrow after a nearly 6 week break, I’m going to miss checking on this tank throughout the day. Will probably look into camera options to check in, anyone have any recommendations?

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a starry blenny today to help out with some algae growth and a dozen of the smallest nassarius snails ever. I really need to get some pictures posted soon, life is crazy with a newborn in the house.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Following along, I have the same tank :)
Thanks, how’re you liking your skimmer? I think I’ll probably need to get one soon and am just starting my research. I run my nano without one but it’s very lightly stocked and doesn’t need it, but I think I’ll be stocking this heavier.

iambes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, how’re you liking your skimmer? I think I’ll probably need to get one soon and am just starting my research. I run my nano without one but it’s very lightly stocked and doesn’t need it, but I think I’ll be stocking this heavier.
Seems to work very well so far, I only have a pair of clowns and do frequent water changes/feed fairly light though. I think once I add more fish I’ll be able to dial it in to pull thicker skim. Very easy to clean and take apart

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my protein skimmer hooked up this evening, went with a reef octopus 110sss. BRS recommends for a medium stocked 65g, or heavily stocked 40g. Since I’m also running a fuge for some of my filtration I figure it should be sized about right for my plans. Need to tweak my sump water levels a bit or cut some pvc risers to get the water height dialed in.

In other news, I got my starter culture of white worms in the mail today. I was a little worried since it’s been very cold here all week, but there seemed to be plenty of live ones remaining. Hopefully in a few weeks I’ll start to be able to feed some live food along with frozen.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working through my ugly stage right now, skimmer+fuge combo is working too well and stripping too many nutrients so working on decreasing fuge light time. I’ve got an order from reef cleaners coming next week, and some stuff from aquasd coming Thursday that’ll likely live in my nano until this tank is ready for them.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back