Bcheek’s Innovative Marine Nuvo INT 75

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my INT 75 with white APS stand tonight. This will probably be a slow build due to the large initial investment. Likely starting with fish and live rock until I get my lighting situation figured out.

Equipment plans:
  • AP700 or 2 AI Primes
  • Diy sump, haven’t figured out plan yet but probably will buy a baffle kit to retrofit a standard aquarium
  • Fiji Cube 20 Advanced
  • Might plumb in a manifold for future reactors
  • Jebao return pump dcp 5000
  • Eventually nero 5s on the back wall
  • 40lbs fiji pink
Stocking plans:
  • Mixed reef LPS and softies and maybe easy sps like montis
  • Clown pair, maybe designers
  • Shrimp goby pair
  • Flame hawk
  • Flasher or fairy wrasse
  • Maybe some pajama cardinals
  • Standard invert cleanup crew
  • Maybe a conch for sandbed turnover

Last edited:

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with the Flame hawk and a shrimp.

I've heard that if the shrimp is in the tank first that the Flame hawk doesn't go after the shrimp as much. I would like to do a Pistol Shrimp and a goby pair as well, but I've already got a Flame hawk in the tank.

My avatar is an old picture and I no longer have those fire shrimp in my current tank with the Flame hawk.

I look forward to watching your tank build. You are approaching this the right way - slow and patient!

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my shipment notice, going to start filling a brute or two full of rodi. Need to get my plumbing and pump ordered soon
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strangely I cant seem to find any aquariums in the 20-29 size locally to do a diy sump. So now I'm leaning towards getting the fiji cube 20 advanced now since it's on a good sale and will still leave me with 12" of space for an ATO reservoir (10-15 gallons hopefully). I've got my sand ordered, and most of my plumbing. With black friday so close I'm thinking of waiting on rocks+pump to get a better deal, but we'll see. Tank is supposed to be here next Wednesday.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than lights I think I've got everything ordered that I'll need to get this setup hopefully this weekend. I bought 75lbs of rocks and some e-marco cement, going to try my hand at a NSA scape this weekend assuming everything gets delivered beforehand.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my call from RoadRunner that the tank will be delivered on Friday. My sump came today, pump came yesterday. Rocks are *scheduled* for friday but it looks like SaltwaterAquarium has only printed the label and not actually shipped yet so I'm not really expecting that package until next week. My wife's due date is Monday so I probably won't get it set up for another week or two, but that'll give me time to get my aquascape and plumbing together.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxed the sump last night and it seems pretty nice, some minor damage on the lip for one of the lids. The pump fits as long as the intake screen isn’t screwed on. I may just run it like that or get the smaller 4000 pump and save this 5000 for a mixing station.
8AF27D87-56F0-47A9-BDFE-BA6CAC578E86.jpeg

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank arrived today, super good packaging everything looks solid. Took a long lunch to put it together, probably about 2 hours or so.

Can’t wait to get it filled and cycled. I’ll be breaking down my 10g fusion temporarily for a few weeks and re-using the rocks which should help kickstart the cycle, and I’ll be dosing some microbacter start as well.

Hopefully I can make some headway on the plumbing tonight, and get the scape going tomorrow when the rocks get delivered.

I’ll be keeping an eye on Black Friday deals for lighting and probably pick something up within the next week.

My wife’s due date is in a few days, so *probably* will wait until we’re back from the hospital to get it filled

E5BA24C7-1FE4-4F2B-A5E0-2A5A575FFD07.jpeg

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the plumbing finished up last night, wish I’d gone with the clear primer but I already had the purple from other house projects and the doors will be closed most of the time anyways.
2702EA8F-9493-4793-AA05-851AD40EE884.jpeg

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand is in, starting to fill with water. Had a slight leak around the bulkheads and had to run out for some larger pliers to get tightened up. Unfortunately my RODI is in the basement so I’m carrying 5 gallon buckets upstairs one at a time filled from a brute trash can. Should be filled all the way tomorrow or later tonight.

Still need to buy some lights, been keeping an eye on the for sale forums

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a pair of prime 16s on the selling forums, and I’ll probably add a 3rd at some point in the future. The BRSTV videos on them seem like two should be enough for lps/softies and 3 for adding in some SPS.

I got probably 3/4 of the water filled today, before my brute ran out. It’s full again now so I should have plenty to fill the rest tomorrow if everything goes to plan.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A253F696-9281-4F60-B1A2-BFA043C2601A.jpeg

Lights came today, setup was ridiculously easy. Going to transfer everything tomorrow, and just test frequently while cycle finishes up. Not expecting much delay, been dosing microbacter 7 for a while and will move over established rock work to help speed it up.

Still need to get an ATO, looking at just springing for a hydros controller since I like their ATO option and want a controller for this tank.

Also need to figure out fuge lighting at some point.

OP
OP
Bcheek

Bcheek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle has been complete for about a week now. Picked up a royal gramma, some astrea snails, and a fighter conch today. The conch was smaller than I expected so I may get another one or two, my LFS was out of nassarius snails. I also got some chaeto, so I tossed that in the fuge and added a cheap 60w bulb on a timer to run on opposite schedule of my lights.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back