• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Be aware of Passedyouby - not as described and now he's ghosting me

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few weeks ago I traded an older MP40 for a new MP10 with user Passedyouby

Some issues arised on both ends of the trade and I offered to make good on my end and then he started ghosting me.

• His description of the trade stated that there was no fraying on the wires at all (not true, the wires at both the controller end and dry side end were both badly frayed.

MP40.png

• This is what I got
IMG_0441.jpg

The user offered to pay half the cost of fixing at first

Now for my side
  • He said I shipped him an aftermarket AC adapter with the MP10, I have a lot of them so this is possible and I offered to send a replacement immediately - I have multiple MP10s and chargers and I'm sure I sent the wrong one
  • I purchased the MP10 at Manhattan Aquariums last year, its 6 months old - the manufacture date is January 2019 - I have my invoice to prove the purchase date but Passedyouby tried to use this as proof that I tried to get over on him too - Sometimes local LFS site on products for months before it is sold - its not like BRS where stuff is sold almost immediately.
At this point, I just want to rescind the trade but this is just a warning to everyone else that he can't be trusted at his own word in describing his products.

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I didnt expect this.

Everyone- please see below screenshot. I provided my personal cell number, and offered to have him ship it to Ecotech and I would pay repairs.

This is an upgraded MP40, meaning it had the white controller, but was disassembled and replaced with a Quiet Drive. As stated in posting, wires were sloppy and prob pulled loose thanks to my poor shipping skills, so I was happy to pay repairs.

I just called ecotech. They are open and still accepting repairs, which is good since I will need to pay to have the wireless chip and power supply replaced on this MP10... :)

Cheers on the slander!

Screenshot_20200401-105645_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
ReefingwithO

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice how you responded to the thread immediately and haven't responded to any of my private messages.

And its nice how its the first time you are mentioning anything about the chip. Its a Mobius chip - I could have told you that.....if you answered my messages

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back