Be careful buying online. Another bleach ritteri anemone from online dealers

gh0st

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big risk buying online. In the past couple month I have received couple bleach anemone pass off as being healthy. I live in an area where my only option is buying online. Knew of the big risk but ordered anyways. To all that is planing on buying mags online. Be careful since these animals are difficult to care for these online dealers won’t promise anything after you receive your anemone. Buy from trustworthy dealers. Here is my recent mag purchase. Can’t believe any company would ship out bleach anemone on purpose.

741BBD01-BB16-4387-BD41-3E48528142BC.jpeg 88E5AF8A-5468-4902-950C-CBA9F10C1ED2.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always a good idea to ask for a video of the nem

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big risk buying online. In the past couple month I have received couple bleach anemone pass off as being healthy. I live in an area where my only option is buying online. Knew of the big risk but ordered anyways. To all that is planing on buying mags online. Be careful since these animals are difficult to care for these online dealers won’t promise anything after you receive your anemone. Buy from trustworthy dealers. Here is my recent mag purchase. Can’t believe any company would ship out bleach anemone on purpose.

741BBD01-BB16-4387-BD41-3E48528142BC.jpeg 88E5AF8A-5468-4902-950C-CBA9F10C1ED2.jpeg
Can you share what vendor you used? Would like to avoid making the same mistake.

OP
OP
G

gh0st

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would if it’s a smaller company. This company is the largest online dealer so they wouldn’t due to being too busy. So I went off reputation of them being so large and in business for a long time. But I believe they started going down hill once they were purchase from petco. I’m going to try to save this nem and do what I can. Just disappointed in this company. Just be careful guys and gals. Ask for pictures and video like the post above.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what the issue is here. A bleached magnifica is not a death sentence, and could actually be quite the opposite. If treated with Cipro prior to being sold, it’s common for them to bleach. IME bleached magnifica are oftentimes healthier than fully colored mags. Some exporters prefer to ship bleached anemones because it prevents zooxanthellae die off during transport

Assuming it’s otherwise healthy, give it some time and it should fully recover.

OP
OP
G

gh0st

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i was shopping online and a company advertise something that what I assume I was getting. If I purchase a red sheet from amazon and they sent a white sheet then I should just be ok with that? Sorry but it’s my money and I expect to get what I paid for. I work hard for my money and bait and switch stuff is not ok with me. This hobby ain’t cheap to begin with. I’m just warning others to be careful when buying online.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with BTAs from the same business. You might say the company is failing to "live" up to its former reputation, at least in that department. Having said that, the two 'nems in question have recovered and are doing well now.

OP
OP
G

gh0st

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I called and email but they said it’s healthy and that it is. So what more can I do but to warn others just be careful with online purchase. And you’re right they are good with any issues you might have. And I thought my issue is pretty significant but it wasn’t. Just be careful y’all.

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I called and email but they said it’s healthy and that it is. So what more can I do but to warn others just be careful with online purchase. And you’re right they are good with any issues you might have. And I thought my issue is pretty significant but it wasn’t. Just be careful y’all.

Hmm...maybe they're looking at it relatively. Here in socal, for the past few weeks, I've seen so many giant magnificas come in that are completely bleached white. They're so insanely white that even the foot lost color; you can't even tell what color the foot is supposed to be. I didn't even think that was possible! I guess relatively speaking, yours is "healthy."

If it's any consolation to you, given good parameters, it should regain its color easily.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I’m trying to say is that — aside from color—you got what you paid for... a healthy magnifica (assuming it is healthy). Yes, it’s bleached, but I assure you that it’s not really a concern. I’d much rather receive a bleached but otherwise healthy anemone than a sick one that’s fully colored.

I assume that this was a LA purchase and not a DD one. This means that’s it’s not WYSIWYG purchase. I’m assuming the description is for a ”standard” which means they don’t set color parameters.

i totally understand that you didn’t get what you expected, but give it some time and you may very well have a nice showpiece magnifica once it colors up.

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I agree bleached mags are very common and also a lot easier to pull through then a fully colored anemone. With time the colors will come back soon of cared for properly. It will almost look like someone started to spray paint them here are pics of my bleached magnifica nems coloring back up

87AF58B9-1045-486F-BC0B-7859BF97188A.jpeg 7772774D-E11B-45F9-ACBE-904A99DAD767.jpeg

OP
OP
G

gh0st

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I’m trying to say is that — aside from color—you got what you paid for... a healthy magnifica (assuming it is healthy). Yes, it’s bleached, but I assure you that it’s not really a concern. I’d much rather receive a bleached but otherwise healthy anemone than a sick one that’s fully colored.

I assume that this was a LA purchase and not a DD one. This means that’s it’s not WYSIWYG purchase. I’m assuming the description is for a ”standard” which means they don’t set color parameters.

i totally understand that you didn’t get what you expected, but give it some time and you may very well have a nice showpiece magnifica once it colors up.

they actually did set color parameter it states

Color FormBlue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, Tan

they should put bleached in there also to cover all their bases. If I purchase a expensive sps colony and it came bleached and was told it’s healthy. I still wouldn’t be ok with that.Point

njudson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posture of the nem looks pretty darn good for a shipped Ritteri hope mine comes in looking this good when I get a chance to order from them.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because an anemone have a hole in the foot does not mean that it was shipped with it. Anemone have very tin membrane and it can degraded and cause the to loose integrity of the membrane.
I also think that bleached anemone is of not much concern. Given god care, they will recover quickly.
you got a bleached anemone shipped to you. It is doing well, recovered, so what is the problem? Anemone can deteriorate a lot in a small bag shipping across the world, then again to your tank. assume that you can provide good care for it, it will be fine. Also, small injury will heal fairly quickly if they are healthy. Magnifica can be chop in bits by PH and will heal just fine.
If you received a smelly bag of mush, that is something to complain about.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the magnifica doing? In the last photo, it looks like it could have a red foot. If so, you've got a nice one! I consider a red foot to be rare in comparison to the other color morphs. Or maybe it's dark tan? Either way, I hope it's doing well.

Back