Be Careful Buying the Hype

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to bad people have to spice up there corals. i haven't but a lot on line but lucky the stuff i have bought the seller didn't do this to me. i wouldn't be to happy to say the least

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to bad people have to spice up there corals. i haven't but a lot on line but lucky the stuff i have bought the seller didn't do this to me. i wouldn't be to happy to say the least
It's not cool at all and when you get these high dollar chalices it's real easy to get burned since you can't do anything but take peoples words for what it is or what it will look like a year down the road when its big enough
To show some Color etc it's to late to say anything...:(

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha,Troy!Its taken me a minute to upload this one!I didnt take my time and go in to Cs5 and use content aware to fix any mistakes,but I dont see any obvious marks that just stick out,there isnt that much of a blue highlight to it either.Notice I took more time to fix this one!

I could have said I took this under LED's!

welsopicasa.jpg

I even shopped this one,its OK,but it was very dark when I took the picture with 100ISO.
lol001.jpg

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not cool at all and when you get these high dollar chalices it's real easy to get burned since you can't do anything but take peoples words for what it is or what it will look like a year down the road when its big enough
To show some Color etc it's to late to say anything...:(

very true and i would hate that. i have been thinking about getting a local group buy together for a nice LE chalice and i really don't wanna get burned on that one

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those green monster eyes look scary! I don't think I would be sticking my hand in that tank

Now see, I would question if the orange acans are how they "really" look. By the way the rocks look in the back ground, it looks like it is getting blasted with actinics. Even the coralline algae on the right side fluoresces.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha,ya,Im not sure what it even is,but its cool,haha!Here is original picture of it!
lol002.jpg

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should post up my pic from hotornot. I was rated a 9.8 or something.

Gotta love photoshop

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actully dosnt look like that Troy,its a lot more red,with a few more colors,better picture here.

Not any shopping at all,I sware on that.These are true pictures here.
whatever002.jpg

whatever004.jpg

Sorry Im a little bit picture crazy tonight,haha!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing for newbies buying here or online is to ask for a basic point and shoot pic of the coral. Personally, I use a nice DSLR with a Macro lens. I do adjust White Balance in PSElements but that's it. Here's the thing though, I use a 30" HD monitor with high resolution to adjust my pics. They look very natural to my eye as I see them in my tank. But when I view them on my laptop, they can be disappointing. Everyone views these pics on a different monitor with different resolutions. Just something to keep in mind.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a daylight shot or a quick point and shoot pic. If you have doubts about the authenticity of the coral color, all you have to do is move on. Most vendors here are very good with providing both a daylight and actinic / LED shot if they are selling. But Austin is right with his comments above....someone that knows photoshop really well can take a brown coral and make it rain in here....lol

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may not always photoshop, But when I do.

I photoshop with photoshop.

buwhahahaahaha.gif

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing for newbies buying here or online is to ask for a basic point and shoot pic of the coral. Personally, I use a nice DSLR with a Macro lens. I do adjust White Balance in PSElements but that's it. Here's the thing though, I use a 30" HD monitor with high resolution to adjust my pics. They look very natural to my eye as I see them in my tank. But when I view them on my laptop, they can be disappointing. Everyone views these pics on a different monitor with different resolutions. Just something to keep in mind.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a daylight shot or a quick point and shoot pic. If you have doubts about the authenticity of the coral color, all you have to do is move on. Most vendors here are very good with providing both a daylight and actinic / LED shot if they are selling. But Austin is right with his comments above....someone that knows photoshop really well can take a brown coral and make it rain in here....lol
Some good points here! I think most vendors should be happy to provide both shots for a comparison. I also think a lot will tell you what sort of lighting it was taken under as well!

Back