Bean overflow system on 40B "how to"

James52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys looking to set up a bean animal overflow system on my 40B tank. New to all of this and need some help on selecting a overflow box and all of the parts and pieces I will need to do all the pvc plumbing and how to actually do it. If you guys have any good video links or tips it would be appreciated. Thanks!

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 40b, a bean animal may be a bit much. It’s really better suited for larger tanks. If it were me, I’d go with a herbie set up and use this type of overflow… much easier to plumb and will suite your needs very well. There are many videos available on how to plumb and set it up. Critical will be the gate valve to tune the flow.
Hope this helps.

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once it’s dialed in, you won’t have any issues. I have the same set up on my frag tank and it’s been running without any problems. I too am out of the house quite a bit and never have any worries.
It’s tried and true. And for a 40g system, it’s a good and reliable solution.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, go with a herbie box. The eclipse is fine; fijicube and modular marine make nice stuff too.

Don't worry about leaving it during the day at all. It does have an emergency drain. I've not had even a hiccup in the multiple setups I've run. Never felt the need for a bean animal. The overflow failing will be waaaaaaay down on the list of probable issues you'll have with a tank.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a bean animal on my 40b. When picking an overflow make sure the three overflow pipes are 1” each

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back