Beat Aiptasia by avoiding these Mistakes! Trust us, we've made them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OzinOz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had our fair share of Aiptasia outbreaks and have tried nearly every trick in the book to kill them!

Do your tank a favor...if you have Aiptasia and want to get rid of it DON'T make these same mistakes we did.

Don't filefish also often eat corals?

Fob_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely the filefish will chow down on the zoa after the aiptasia are gone. First hand experience here, several times :)...

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw a my file fish eat the aipstasia. Then I put in acropora in the aquarium, the fish started chowing down. I immediately caught it and traded it to LFS. Now I have to manage the aipstasia some other way.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filefish only nipped at a gorgonian and acans in my 75g mixed reef. I moved those to another tank. From what I can tell is that although I've never seen it eat aptasia I think it does keep them in control. Before I got the filefish I would have aptasia all through out the tank, after getting it I just notice the aptasia in the hard to reach places and not on the surfaces of the rocks like before.

AeldariDrukhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had our fair share of Aiptasia outbreaks and have tried nearly every trick in the book to kill them!

Do your tank a favor...if you have Aiptasia and want to get rid of it DON'T make these same mistakes we did.

What would be interesting is if the
LFS had a filefish, nudribranch and peppermint shrimp QT tank that you could bring your Aiptasia frags/rocks to get a cleaning, might need to leave it with them for a little while. Crazy idea, but anything would help.

Dave Mach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice Video thanks guys

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back