Beat Dinos in one Month!

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
started my new tank less than a month ago and transferred dinos from the previous set up by accident. within a month they're completely gone from my tank. I honestly have no idea what actually beat them but the tank is maturing quickly.

things I did.

daily dosing of mb7 and only mb7 no Dr Tim's one and only
daily dosing of live phytoplankton
kept nutrients at .1 phosphate and above 10 nitrate
occasionally dosed silicate to induce a diatom bloom, never once tested the level for this
dosed arc reef coraline algae (which seems to be growing on the rock already within like 2-3 weeks)

no more dinos in the sand and a very minimal amount on the rocks which keeps decreasing my the day. honestly I'm super happy to get over it so quickly because my corals started thriving!!!! I've never seen my hammers and alveopora so open and fluffy.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also I left for vacation last Tuesday I came back on Sunday and my rocks looked completely different. went from being completely white to being largely covered in green. and not hair algae either. so I assume it's green coraline.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also upped the number of fish from 4 to 6 and I haven't had to dose phosphates anymore which is a godsend in and of itself. I was testing so frequently. now I'm testing 2-3 times a week. eventually will go down to 1-2 times which will save my reagenta.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back