Beat the Rush Black Friday LIVE SALE ** 2300+ Corals ** FREE CORALS ** Up to 80% OFF ** PRIZES **

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Thuwyth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I see yall talking a lot about the frag racks. Do I need to put them on that? I thought I could just put it in my tank.
Following up on what @PeakeAquaculture said, people also put them on racks in the bottom of the tank to acclimate them to the lighting so they won't blow around in the flow.

Thuwyth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see all the mystery frags people get. I won't be getting mine for a bit.

PeakeAquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch their tracking website it will say package arriving before noon.......until after noon, and then it won't say that anymore. And then who knows when it'll arrive. FedEx is getting pretty bad.
I have recently gotten shipments from Jason fox and it was there about 9:30 am. I know things can happen in shipping but all reputable companies will stand by thier customers in the event of livestock doa because of shipping errors. Also TSA packs corals very well so most likely a few extra hours will not hurt, just be extra careful in acclimation with temperature changes.

Drogba_Legend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank came with a plastic rack, has a bunch of cut out squares to hold some sponges in place. I saved it just to place the frags in there. Gonna put them at the bottom to adjust to the lighting

Drogba_Legend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok how about my first question
If you don’t have the rack it’s fine now as they are adjusting to lighting. In the long run the rack would help with corals that require different flow/lighting Also some corals just lag to open. My Xenia’s looked done, moved them and gave it a week. They came back to life. Maybe move that one coral that won’t open.

DarkSquirrel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i live out in the stix so shipments from any shipper is almost 1-2 hour drive i dont get stuff till around 3. just got all my corals aclimated and in tank all have already opened at least a some for me. my 5 mystery lps were xmas favia, duncan, scooby snax, turquoise favia and green cyphastrea.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m worried about the corals staying in the box longer then expected. It’s making me anxious. As it is I can’t wait for the box all afternoon. Overnight usually means you get it before noon the next day.
If you watch their tracking website it will say package arriving before noon.......until after noon, and then it won't say that anymore. And then who knows when it'll arrive. FedEx is getting pretty bad.
Before noon is likely not going to happen again until after the new year. I’m not shipping to homes anymore this year. It will have to be hub pickup.

Drogba_Legend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten nothing yet. Still waiting. That’s right this time of year is hell for all drivers. A family member of mine is a driver. He takes a week off before thanksgiving/Christmas hell lol.

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mystery frags were nirvana zoas and a mystic sunset monti. The monti is spectacular (rear-most coral). The zoas haven't opened much yet, bit online pictures look nice.

PXL_20201125_203929836.jpg

dru312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I know this will sound stupid but I have a few questions for yall. I have done a lot of research but still can't answer a few things. I am still fairly new to saltwater reef keeping. I got my first few corals a week ago. they were all softies and all but one has opened. I know it can take upwards of 7 days but we hit that mark and still has yet to open. All of my water parameters are good except magnesium is high using my salt. but I saw that was ok. Any recommendations??
Each different type of coral requires different par and flow. What are all of your parameters? If your ALK is much different than the place you purchased your corals from they might take a few weeks if not longer to acclimate. Find out what the coral that isn't doing so good requires.

TJ6733

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each different type of coral requires different par and flow. What are all of your parameters? If your ALK is much different than the place you purchased your corals from they might take a few weeks if not longer to acclimate. Find out what the coral that isn't doing so good requires.
alright, bro, I really appreciate it. ill ask what their alk is at tomorrow. It's just weird cuz the others are doing ok. I moved it already to see if it helps. and will post my parameters tomorrow. Thanks for your help guys

dchambless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get mine about 5pm. I just floated longer. As the bag temperature was down to 72 degrees. All are doing good so far.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back