Beautiful 3.5" Achilles Tang at POTO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PANONHAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i see on your website that you have a purple tank for sale. i currently have a Marineland 250 Deep Dimension. it has 2 yellow tangs in it. would it be prudent to add a Purple Tang or is it not a good idea? what is the size of the fish ?

thanks

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i see on your website that you have a purple tank for sale. i currently have a Marineland 250 Deep Dimension. it has 2 yellow tangs in it. would it be prudent to add a Purple Tang or is it not a good idea? what is the size of the fish ?

thanks

Thanks for the question. First of all the following is all informational and based on our experience and by no means are the be all end all of things. No guarantee is made.

It's tricky but it can be done. A few things you can do is rearrange rock work because the yellow will defend the existing rocks. Also keep in mind that the PT temperament is more dominant than yellow. It may end up being the aggressor down the road. Some posturing and chasing are inevitable. But given proper space and food source they will coexist. Also many people like to use acclimation box when introducing new fish. I prefer the divide with egg crate method. It's more natural especially for tangs. The PT we have on the site is under 3".

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back