Beautiful Blue Green Mushroom

ash9965

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 5 years ago I picked up a small blueish green mushroom frag that has now taken over the rock it was on .It has started dropping off some babies in the tank and I am thinking about possibly opening up to selling or trading some of them. If anyone can ID them please let me know also any advice on shipping would be greatly appreciated . My thoughts were usps flat rate 2 or three nice floaters 20 bucks shipped in the continental us, not looking to get rich just share some nice mushrooms. see picture attached .

shroom.jpg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 5 years ago I picked up a small blueish green mushroom frag that has now taken over the rock it was on .It has started dropping off some babies in the tank and I am thinking about possibly opening up to selling or trading some of them. If anyone can ID them please let me know also any advice on shipping would be greatly appreciated . My thoughts were usps flat rate 2 or three nice floaters 20 bucks shipped in the continental us, not looking to get rich just share some nice mushrooms. see picture attached .

shroom.jpg
I know mushrooms are hardy, but I dont know if they will survive usps delays if you ship using the small flat rate box.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like discosomas (can’t tell you the exact species). I don’t think they’re worth a whole lot (probably $10-$20 per polyp, less if buying multiples). As far as shipping, I wouldn’t ship any corals unless it’s overnight, which is hard to justify the cost of shipping for a $20 mushroom. I would think it would be easier to sell them locally. You can post them here, post them on your areas local reefkeeping FB page (pretty much every area has one), and on Craigslist. You could also see about trading them into a local LFS, though you might only get store credit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back