0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef
Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound a lot like me lol but im doing better the fourth time around with my 125 gallon fowlr it will be a reef but i got to pull my fish out this friday for qt because of parasite problems but i highly recommend if you try a reef tank fill it will live rock fron a lfs that you trust and dump a bottle of dr tims one and only in and use some ammonia cloride drops to cycle it. I also recommend using all ecotech equipment because its the best equipment ever and i use it for my aquarium and love it
I also recommend using reef octopus for a protein skimmer i also have a reef octopus regal 150sss on my system

OP
OP
T

tyrym1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound a lot like me lol but im doing better the fourth time around with my 125 gallon fowlr it will be a reef but i got to pull my fish out this friday for qt because of parasite problems but i highly recommend if you try a reef tank fill it will live rock fron a lfs that you trust and dump a bottle of dr tims one and only in and use some ammonia cloride drops to cycle it. I also recommend using all ecotech equipment because its the best equipment ever and i use it for my aquarium and love it
I’ll just say I was not ready for it. Next time i set up a tank for fish, ill make sure to have a ready qt tank on the side.
As for starting with live rock, I completely agree with that method. For this two gallon i had simply brought over rock in the previous tank i took down along with some filter elements that got the tank to stabilize without too many problems.
Live rock, Dr.tims, ammonia and pods will be my go to method. Ill try out some ecotech equipment if i ever get around to a bigger tank in the future. Radions and MP10 would literally shred this tiny tank to pieces lol
Thanks for the feedback!!

OP
OP
T

tyrym1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Toyo and Welcome! Sending a big Texas "Howdy!" from DFW northern neighbor! Glad you joined.

Excited you are already considering starting your build thread(s)! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Houston (very active area):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks for the shoutout! im very excited to finally be able to share my experience.
Ill def. be looking to reference those links!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back