This will explain how this place works!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Lord_Mort,

I have a similar history, except maybe a few more leave/re-enter cycles. I left the hobby in 2007 to buy a house and just got back in this August because I received a 15 gallon tank as a present.

Things have definitely changed in the interim, and stayed the same. I wasn't sure I wanted to dive back in but I'm glad I did. I missed the hobby more than I realized.

Welcome back and welcome to R2R, it's a nice place.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this forum and I have to say, I am really impressed. It actually feels familiar...looks a lot like a forum that was "central" to the hobby back in the day. (This seems much more streamlined tho!)

I was invited to introduce myself so, here goes...

I was very active in they hobby for several years but gave it up for a few reasons back in 2005. I really enjoyed the hobby but lack of time, money and space kept me from expanding the way I wanted to. I had a beautiful 75g SPS reef that was well established. Long story short, it crashed and I decided to take a break. I sold off all my stuff and put the money towards a down payment on a house.

So I recently inherited a 15gal nano reef. I was reluctant to take it at first but it belonged to a friend of mine who suddenly passed away and his family was ready to throw it out. I couldn't let that happen! It was neglected for a while and the transfer was rushed so I ended up stirring up all kinds of.... stuff.... from the bottom which resulted in an ammonia spike that was off the charts.

That was about a month ago. The tank is doing better. The zoas have opened up and are regaining their color. I had to get reinforcements for the cuc and they are now fighting a cyano outbreak.

Having to take care of this tank and watching it improve has re-ignited my interest in the hobby. As much as I would love to get a larger sized reef, this nano will suffice for now. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and further improving this nano.

~Jason
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back