Beginner coral advice

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are what I'm referring too. They spread like wildfire and "suffocate" other corals. Notice the two anemones don't bother them either...nothing will kill them that I know of (naturally)
20230310_142817.jpg
20230310_142738.jpg
20230310_142706.jpg

OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are what I'm referring too. They spread like wildfire and "suffocate" other corals. Notice the two anemones don't bother them either...nothing will kill them that I know of (naturally)
20230310_142817.jpg
20230310_142738.jpg
20230310_142706.jpg
Ohhh yeah I don't have those look kinda cool though covering the rocks. I love your anemones!!

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh yeah I don't have those look kinda cool though covering the rocks. I love your anemones!!
Hope you never get these guys...impossible to get rid of. Just have to toothbrush scrub a spot for a new coral, then keep them scrubbed back until it attaches and starts growing. Then cross my fingers it'll fight off these ******* purple cloves.

Thanks on the anemones. Started as 1. Got it 3 years ago, it split about a year ago. My clowns finally decided to host them about 6mos ago...so now I like them, but I hated them for a time bc they're so big and take up so much space. Only got the 1 for the clowns to host and it took 2.5 years lol...now they lay eggs every 2 weeks or so like clockwork. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you never get these guys...impossible to get rid of. Just have to toothbrush scrub a spot for a new coral, then keep them scrubbed back until it attaches and starts growing. Then cross my fingers it'll fight off these ******* purple cloves.

Thanks on the anemones. Started as 1. Got it 3 years ago, it split about a year ago. My clowns finally decided to host them about 6mos ago...so now I like them, but I hated them for a time bc they're so big and take up so much space. Only got the 1 for the clowns to host and it took 2.5 years lol...now they lay eggs every 2 weeks or so like clockwork. Pretty cool.
Oh that's awesome I've been wanting to get a coral to host my pair no anemones for me right now still learning but I have a pair of captive bred clowns and supposedly they can host on corals just not sure what I should go with I know nothing is a guarantee

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's awesome I've been wanting to get a coral to host my pair no anemones for me right now still learning but I have a pair of captive bred clowns and supposedly they can host on corals just not sure what I should go with I know nothing is a guarantee
My two were bonded pair gladiators from LA (captive bred). Just one day, looked up and there they were....snuggling into all those soft tentacles. My daughter and I were shocked. She's 5 and she was fired up - course I was too lol

OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two were bonded pair gladiators from LA (captive bred). Just one day, looked up and there they were....snuggling into all those soft tentacles. My daughter and I were shocked. She's 5 and she was fired up - course I was too lol
One day ill get there! What size tank do you have?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back