Beginner Corals for trade/sale

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there folks,

I'm a relative beginner in the hobby, and somewhat new to the area. Trying to get a sense of what's what and where to go for corals and trades. I started my aquarium, a 5 gallon little desktop tank, about a year ago and have beginner corals overgrowing some of it. I've got lots of blue mushrooms and multiple baby colt corals and one large parent that I'm seeking to trade for more advanced corals. I'm running out of space in my tank and while starting with hardy, easy-to-grow corals was a great move as a beginner, as I get more experience in the hobby I want to branch out into different corals. My general go-to aquarium in the area is Elmer's, and they won't accept corals for trade in for store credit, so I wanted to know if there was anywhere here that did, or if there was anyone here wanting some corals?

Looking forward to any and all responses!

Hectorg214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there folks,

I'm a relative beginner in the hobby, and somewhat new to the area. Trying to get a sense of what's what and where to go for corals and trades. I started my aquarium, a 5 gallon little desktop tank, about a year ago and have beginner corals overgrowing some of it. I've got lots of blue mushrooms and multiple baby colt corals and one large parent that I'm seeking to trade for more advanced corals. I'm running out of space in my tank and while starting with hardy, easy-to-grow corals was a great move as a beginner, as I get more experience in the hobby I want to branch out into different corals. My general go-to aquarium in the area is Elmer's, and they won't accept corals for trade in for store credit, so I wanted to know if there was anywhere here that did, or if there was anyone here wanting some corals?

Looking forward to any and all responses!
How much for some colt coral??

OP
OP
LegalReefer

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for some colt coral??
Does $10 sound good to you? No idea how to rationally price these, lol. I'll send you a picture of the frags you could choose from later today, some of them are still "taking root" or getting connected to the frag plugs and growing in.

I will warn that they grow rapidly and can easily shade corals underneath them. They are relatively hardy though, it's been a very forgiving coral for a beginning reefer.

Hectorg214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does $10 sound good to you? No idea how to rationally price these, lol. I'll send you a picture of the frags you could choose from later today, some of them are still "taking root" or getting connected to the frag plugs and growing in.

I will warn that they grow rapidly and can easily shade corals underneath them. They are relatively hardy though, it's been a very forgiving coral for a beginning reefer.
Ok.

OP
OP
LegalReefer

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! I took the pics but never posted them, it’s been a busy week here. Frags have all finally taken root on their plugs, last pic is of the mother colony(?) if you’d like a big one

B0B198AC-EAF1-4523-A616-C0E447767137.jpeg 4D2BD054-DC56-4883-86A1-163C526C27C2.jpeg image.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back