Addicted to Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
1DPoFnXNNoQYScds8r.gif

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Im a complete novice to this craft/hobby…I just know I would love to get into it and I’m starting off small and with good reason, I know I will have a lot of failures during this so I’d like to minimize the death toll on my hands and If at all possible, none. Sigh! Ok so I’ve got a 13 gallon tank I believe is what it is. And at the moment I have a few rocks and some sand and getting water ready but have several questions about that also. I would like to know if at all possible someone, anyone can help out with how I’m supposed to be setting up the background filtration system I’m stuck at the moment with that, what goes where. Have tried you tube but no luck with the specific model I have. Will pictures help? Is that possible here. Again I’m new here. Thank you in advance for any help.
Welcome to Reef2Reef and welcome to reefing! Pictures always help. I'm assuming it's an "All-in-one"?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a complete novice to this craft/hobby…I just know I would love to get into it and I’m starting off small and with good reason, I know I will have a lot of failures during this so I’d like to minimize the death toll on my hands and If at all possible, none. Sigh! Ok so I’ve got a 13 gallon tank I believe is what it is. And at the moment I have a few rocks and some sand and getting water ready but have several questions about that also. I would like to know if at all possible someone, anyone can help out with how I’m supposed to be setting up the background filtration system I’m stuck at the moment with that, what goes where. Have tried you tube but no luck with the specific model I have. Will pictures help? Is that possible here. Again I’m new here. Thank you in advance for any help.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Houston:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

For your tank-specific questions my best advice is to search in the Nano/AIO tank threads on R2R looking for the same tank. You said it is about 13 gallons and it seems to be an AIO so maybe a Fluval? Read those threads and ask the owners questions in their threads. All AIOs are similar but not identical so knowing the specific brand and size will get you the answers that apply most directly to your aquarium. Good luck and again Welcome!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without reading through this thread yet I figured I would share this post I made in a thread last month in regards to the progression of my 20 gallon long with a HOB that I started with when I first got into the hobby. Not the same as an AIO but the same principles will lead to success, especially with so little water volume.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back