Beginner to hobby

CaneReef01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am new to the hobby and have many questions. 1st off i have a tank in mind and it is a 75gallon. I bought a over the hang Tidal 75 filter, 2 Marineland Power Heads, 2 Marineland Submersible Heaters, Fuval LED Lights. I know am missing more things, trying to get all equipment before venturing to buy tank.

1st Question:
Do you recommend water from the local store and live rock as well or should i mix it myself?

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am new to the hobby and have many questions. 1st off i have a tank in mind and it is a 75gallon. I bought a over the hang Tidal 75 filter, 2 Marineland Power Heads, 2 Marineland Submersible Heaters, Fuval LED Lights. I know am missing more things, trying to get all equipment before venturing to buy tank.

1st Question:
Do you recommend water from the local store and live rock as well or should i mix it myself?
It will be cheaper for you in the long run to make your own RO/DI water and mix yourself. Some people don’t due to space issues, cost of initial setup, etc. but if you have a place for it then it will save money over time.

This is my RO/DI storage and salt mixing station:
C0932D8C-0FB6-4A0E-B9CE-3955EA6A2408.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back