Begone demons! This is a home no more!

Have you ever added a critter and instantly regreted it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • It was a "pleasant" surprise

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I love my Orange Spotted Goby, she drives me insane...totally destroys my sand. lol. She burys my coral and all my rocks.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I love my Orange Spotted Goby, she drives me insane...totally destroys my sand. lol. She burys my coral and all my rocks.

Can I trade you a nice onyx clown & neon damsel? They don't mess with the sand

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say put the shrimp in your sump. That is where I had most of my aiptasia. And if you need them again you will know where they at.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sally Lightfoot. The instant I put it in I realized it was super aggressive. It tried to catch my fish, jumping into the water column after them. I left it until it killed my cherub angel. Took a week but I caught him and took him back. It was tempting to throw him in a snow draft though.

Thub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't instant, but I got an emerald crab, who was great for the algae in the tank, but as soon as algae got scarce, he noticed the zoanthid buffet... ate ~10% of the tank before I got him out of there.

chayes991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an aggressive skunk cleaner who did the same thing. In the end i made a diy lobster pot out of a plastic water bottle and caught him in about 10 minutes! Hated that guy

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say put the shrimp in your sump. That is where I had most of my aiptasia. And if you need them again you will know where they at.

This is what I would do, if you don't run socks then there is probably plenty of extra food that ends up down there for them to eat too. I remember stressing out seeing aiptasia in my sump and then realized that my shop vac sucked them right up lol.

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auriga Butterfly. Book says monitor for reef safety. At store ate mysis like crazy. Put in tank. Never ate mysis. chewed on every type of coral. Loves Scolys, all expensive zoas. Had to take tank apart to catch. Now I’m afraid of getting a copperband

BryanD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a royal dottyback because the wife thought it was cute. Was racking my brain, remembered that one pink/yellow fish was ok, one was a terror. Not sure why I didn't have my cellphone on me ..... Anyways, the ok one I was thinking of was a royal gramma and that isn't what I bought. Turned out OK though, terrorized my pajama cardinal for like 2 years then suddenly left him alone but killed every peppermint shrimp I put in to take care of atapsia. Left a candy cane and fire shrimp alone though. Had him 6 1/2 years, was fat and happy. After he died I got a filefish, no more atapsia and he leaves everything but zoas alone. Had to set-up a new tank to save my zoas.

Mike cooper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a treble hook. Straightened the barbs like a fish gig glued it to a dowel rod. In ten minutes later 2 coral eating camel shrimp gone.

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang clown fish & neon blue damsel. These 2 are major pains. The percula attacks everyone including my emporer which is really getting old. The damsel steals food & tail slaps my eel whenever it pops its head out. Impossible to catch. I don't think the clown even sleeps.
I used to have a neon blue damsel also. After it got old and grumpy it would attack everything in the tank, including me. I finally had enough of it and bought the smallest fish hooks I could find. Mushed up some dried food with water and then fished it out of my tank. Took maybe two minutes.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a neon blue damsel also. After it got old and grumpy it would attack everything in the tank, including me. I finally had enough of it and bought the smallest fish hooks I could find. Mushed up some dried food with water and then fished it out of my tank. Took maybe two minutes.

That sounds cruel to some but im about at this point with my clown.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back