OP
OP
BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I don't know exactly what is happening, but I found the dusky fairy wrasse wrapped around one of the gyres, and the terminal male lubbock's hasn't been seen since the heat wave. I've only been losing wrasses, so I assume it's something to do with aggression. However, I've seen zero signs of aggression, at feeding time or otherwise, between any of the fish in the tank.

My LFS offered me a replacement for the dusky but idk if I'm going to take them up on that offer yet. Funny, isn't it, that I was planning on making this tank a wrasse tank, and yet the only fish not doing well are wrasses. Maybe there's a correlation...

I have a bunch of wrasses on pre-order arriving mid July, so I'm thinking what I'm going to do is add 6-8 wrasses all at once, which will hopefully disperse any aggression there might be, and if that fails, that'll be my last attempt at a wrasse tank for now and I'll go with something else until I can set up a larger tank.

Water test results for those that are interested
Mg 1500
Ca 420
kH 8.1
ammonia 0
nitrates 0
phosphates 0
salinity 1.026
temperature peaked at 83.5F a few days ago, currently sitting around 77.5

No signs of disease that I could see. A torn fin on the dusky, but it might be from the gyre.

Living things introduced into the tank so far:
bunch of snails (nassarius, trochus, cerith)
2 cleaner shrimp
1 zanzibar CBS
1 gold CBS
1 macneill's assessor basslet
1 square-tail bristletooth tang
1 radiant wrasse
1 yellow canary wrasse
2 lubbock's fairy wrasses, 1 terminal male, 1 transitioning and mistook for exquisite wrasse
1 lawnmower blenny
1 midas blenny
1 dusky fairy wrasse

several medium sized SPS colonies
2 zoa colonies
1 rainbow trachy

losses: 1 dusky fairy wrasse, 1 radiant wrasse, 1 yellow canary wrasse, 1 lubbock's fairy wrasse... ALL WRASSES. ARGH.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%

Back