Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't emulate what I do....

Richard Pryor Dart GIF

Sorry I Love You But No GIF

I'm pretty sure the reef fairy comes every night and unscrews up my previous actions.

meh, I’d rather follow in your footsteps than freak out over something small and nuke my tank with chemical answers.

Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

you have done things I can learn from and utilize in my own path. Not everything sure, but hey. That’s reefing

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of reading about all the bad stuff in the beginning. And realized freaking out was bad. I try not to mess with my numbers. Im really not a tester. Though I’m starting to have to do something about alkalinity and calcium.

I’ve gotten lucky and I think the same fairy that helps @Lost in the Sauce helps me lol

I can’t wait till you get your tank up so I can sell you corals lol

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meh, I’d rather follow in your footsteps than freak out over something small and nuke my tank with chemical answers.

Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

you have done things I can learn from and utilize in my own path. Not everything sure, but hey. That’s reefing
Cheers Ethan!

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of reading about all the bad stuff in the beginning. And realized freaking out was bad. I try not to mess with my numbers. Im really not a tester. Though I’m starting to have to do something about alkalinity and calcium.

I’ve gotten lucky and I think the same fairy that helps @Lost in the Sauce helps me lol

I can’t wait till you get your tank up so I can sell you corals lol

im excited for the few times I’ll have something you want and will be able to send to you my friend.

Jivatma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forrest Gump Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Eeeyyy! Its a hoosier! Terre Haute area myself!

Following along! Don't have my build thread yet. Waiting on an overflow and baffle kit before I drill my tank.

Got a few pieces of equipment still as well, but I'm hoping to be wet in a month or 2!

Real curious about how you did the sand/glue. I didnt see it described anywhere.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Following along! Don't have my build thread yet. Waiting on an overflow and baffle kit before I drill my tank.

Got a few pieces of equipment still as well, but I'm hoping to be wet in a month or 2!

Real curious about how you did the sand/glue. I didnt see it described anywhere.
Welcome fellow Hoosier.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

so the method is so easy it seems silly until you actually try it. Basically, get your rock and break it up. Figure out which pieces you want to stick together. From there. Pour sand into the “joint” and apply the glue. Hold it together for several seconds and you’ll at least have a start, if not a solid joint. I learned that sometimes you need to use a little sand and a little glue until you fill in larger gaps and can create a solid bond between the rocks of it’s a bigger gap.

beyond that just make sure to reinforce the bond on as many sides of the joint as possible and you should be good.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok we are remaking it with the characters replaced by people That stop by the cafe.. who's whom?
not going there...Simon would be...Daniel Simpson..without a doubt.. ;Woot ;Woot ;Woot
Animal House Cake GIF

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes!

perhaps you will appreciate this

Legend status there!
I got to see Paco, Al DiMeola & John McGlaughlin in a small intimate theater.
I walked out at the end in awe.
I also quit playing for about 6 months afterwards because what was the point.
I would never be 1/100th as good no matter how much I practiced.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to see Paco, Al DiMeola & John McGlaughlin in a small intimate theater.
I walked out at the end in awe.
I also quit playing for about 6 months afterwards because what was the point.
I would never be 1/100th as good no matter how much I practiced.

1) I am beyond jealous. They are my guitar gods. Rock, metal, whatever. There are legends there but they have nothing on the trinity
2) I actually stopped playing for a while after discovering their group Mediterranean Sundance. And I actually tried to play classical because I dreamed of playing like paco.

wish I could demonstrate the respect and camaraderie I feel with you as a six string slinger after this revaluation.

I grew up with paco and al, and rediscovered them when I was in college.

listening to any of the three of them still gives me goosebumps. People I knew who played raved about malmsteen and batio. Neither can compare to the trio. Such speed and precision. As fast as any “shredder” but more melodic that anyone in the “shredder” category.

but I gush and digress…

Do you know of Shawn lane?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back