OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve neglected to update for a bit. Don’t have much of one, but here’s where things stand.

ready to continue work on my scape. Just been so tired when I’ve had time I haven’t gotten around to it.

contemplating plumbing. I’m tempted to use some soft plumbing, but that might put a pin in the crazy turn over return idea.

trying not to let impatience get the better of me lol

in other news, the partner no longer views this hobby as expensive and extraneous. So that’s good

wish I had more to share but it is what it is

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in other news, the partner no longer views this hobby as expensive and extraneous.
Solid win. Best update possible!

oh yeah GIF

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s not an update but kind of a venting situation.

I have three noopsyche k7 2s I planned to use. Why? They were affordable, evidence on here suggested they could do the job.

problem is, due to how long my build has taken, the model I have is obsolete. It’s no longer supported by the manufacturer. They’re still usable (haven’t used them yet) but if anything happens I’m back to square one. Yeah, I could get the newest model or buy other lights. But the new ones have a high enough price tag that it’ll be a while before I can afford three of them.

and even then, the 3s are still significantly less expensive than the cost of 3 comparable lights.

on top of that I want to eventually get t5s for a hybrid set up. And that’s a bit frustrating as well.

my options for that are buy the noopsyche 48” fixture, which can control my lights but not the 3s. I could get an aquaticlife fixture but have no way of knowing if I can actually get my lights mounted to the fixture. Or I could go diy, get the t5 idk, ballasts? Separate which is less expensive but means I need to try woodworking with no tools.

I actually would like to pursue the third route but I would have to either borrow or rent tools to do so, and I have enough inexperience that I’m hesitant to go hung ho on woodworking.

this is just a frustration rant, and I’ll figure it out. But yeah. Needed to vent

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s not an update but kind of a venting situation.

I have three noopsyche k7 2s I planned to use. Why? They were affordable, evidence on here suggested they could do the job.

problem is, due to how long my build has taken, the model I have is obsolete. It’s no longer supported by the manufacturer. They’re still usable (haven’t used them yet) but if anything happens I’m back to square one. Yeah, I could get the newest model or buy other lights. But the new ones have a high enough price tag that it’ll be a while before I can afford three of them.

and even then, the 3s are still significantly less expensive than the cost of 3 comparable lights.

on top of that I want to eventually get t5s for a hybrid set up. And that’s a bit frustrating as well.

my options for that are buy the noopsyche 48” fixture, which can control my lights but not the 3s. I could get an aquaticlife fixture but have no way of knowing if I can actually get my lights mounted to the fixture. Or I could go diy, get the t5 idk, ballasts? Separate which is less expensive but means I need to try woodworking with no tools.

I actually would like to pursue the third route but I would have to either borrow or rent tools to do so, and I have enough inexperience that I’m hesitant to go hung ho on woodworking.

this is just a frustration rant, and I’ll figure it out. But yeah. Needed to vent
Vent heard!

Let us know what you decide.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to run with the LEDs I have. Probably will go with the DIY option.

I'm on board with the use what you have.

My tank was grown out with 2 Chinese black boxes. The corals didn't know they were 6 years old and it grew coral.

There is always time for an upgrade or add on later on down the line of you deem it necessary.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on board with the use what you have.

My tank was grown out with 2 Chinese black boxes. The corals didn't know they were 6 years old and it grew coral.

There is always time for an upgrade or add on later on down the line of you deem it necessary.
I second this, my 90 ran on 2 viparspectras - updated to these lights when both of them started acting up. Yeah, they like these lights a lot more - but the Chinese black boxes sure grew corals either way.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely different sort of post. But maybe other new reefers who happen to view my build will see this.

find a few people you can talk to and are open to dealing with the dreaded new reefer. Don’t try to emulate everything they do. But if you find what works for your system, run with it! Even if it goes against the grain of the current popular mindset in reef keeping.

Then laugh at everyone who didn’t pay attention when you have your tank thriving and you didn’t buy into the “everything is an emergency.” Mindset

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to try sps, need to up my par. I like how miliaporas look.
I get to watch the youtube drama on mmo updates, lol

yeah I need to do the same. I was making a lane gamer joke. Ark… it was a job that wasn’t a job. Anyway. Thanks again for stopping by

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back