BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obi Wan Hello GIF by Star Wars

I've been in a galactic level funck. My mom died. And many other things have seemed to fall apart as a result. Which is the way of such things. I'll be honest. This hobby has been on the backest of back burners. But...here I am.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obi Wan Hello GIF by Star Wars

I've been in a galactic level funck. My mom died. And many other things have seemed to fall apart as a result. Which is the way of such things. I'll be honest. This hobby has been on the backest of back burners. But...here I am.
So sorry for your loss!

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking I should probably get my 120 set up before I set up my frag tank.

Reason being the location. Considering the low boy will be going about 3 feet from the 120...it occurs to me it would be better to get the heavy lifting require to level my oceanic done before there's a hyperfragile tank right next to it.

Alas, it's been hard to care about much of anything since my mom died. There's also the unsettling reality that I've got a 50/50 shot of dying from the same disease. And as of now there's no cure. Oh well.

Also have been feeling the squeeze of both the economy and being down to one car for the family. (Kellies f150 missed one oil change and decided it didn't want to live anymore)

So I've been a lazy reefer. But...I'm getting the passion back when I go watch my clowns and my foxface.

Think I'm going to take it slow. I have the majority of what I need. Minus extra plumbing fittings when I inevitably cut poorly at some point. That and I still need to find a more practical setup for my rodi.

Oh well. Life continues. And the coyote abides

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We want pics...
Easy tiger! He just came back don't want to scare him away again....Unless they are THOSE kind of pix. Wink wink nudge nudge.
Hi I'm STANG btw nice to make your acquaintance.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We want pics...

No, you don't. When I say I've neglected things I mean it.

All I have left is that wild colony of brown zoas you gave me. Also some nems from one of the rocks i got from you. Think some are glass but the others are aip..

Pencil urchin annihilated any and all coraline. And then died when the temp probe for my heater was discovered outside of the tank a two months ago.

I apparently still have at least one
Pistol shrimp. And one snail. And maybe one hermit.

So yeah. No pics.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy tiger! He just came back don't want to scare him away again....Unless they are THOSE kind of pix. Wink wink nudge nudge.
Hi I'm STANG btw nice to make your acquaintance.
Lolol...

If I get pics then I can start telling him it's time to upgrade ;)

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you don't. When I say I've neglected things I mean it.

All I have left is that wild colony of brown zoas you gave me. Also some nems from one of the rocks i got from you. Think some are glass but the others are aip..

Pencil urchin annihilated any and all coraline. And then died when the temp probe for my heater was discovered outside of the tank a two months ago.

I apparently still have at least one
Pistol shrimp. And one snail. And maybe one hermit.

So yeah. No pics.
That gives us a starting place. You have good rock so the foundation is good.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That gives us a starting place. You have good rock so the foundation is good.

True enough. But I'm now concerned about aip throughout all my rock. I still have the tub running. Haven't touched it beyond top up and the occasional remembering to feed it. And I put one of the two media bags from the 53s HOB in there.

Idk. We'll see how it plays out. Just feeling guilty for letting my LR get so munched and neglected.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back