OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 pages is way easier than 530. Love the pup! Can't wait for you to get the hydros set up and running to give us some feedback on it.

hahaha yeah, my build doesn’t have too much going on. Thanks for reading btw. I actually received my control 4 as well as the rope leak detector, an extra power strip and the ato kit. I’m really looking forward to setting it up and sharing my experience. After watching the Q&A with Coralvue and reefdudes, I realized it’s exactly what I want from a controller.

also, here’s a free pic of Rusty being a goof since you took the time to visit and another because I’m an obnoxious dog dad
A0790B15-6363-4EE5-B545-69757B4CB0D0.jpeg

D40FD107-119D-4289-8AF2-0A4519198BFE.jpeg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha yeah, my build doesn’t have too much going on. Thanks for reading btw. I actually received my control 4 as well as the rope leak detector, an extra power strip and the ato kit. I’m really looking forward to setting it up and sharing my experience. After watching the Q&A with Coralvue and reefdudes, I realized it’s exactly what I want from a controller.

also, here’s a free pic of Rusty being a goof since you took the time to visit and another because I’m an obnoxious dog dad
A0790B15-6363-4EE5-B545-69757B4CB0D0.jpeg

D40FD107-119D-4289-8AF2-0A4519198BFE.jpeg
he's so cute, how old?

this is Skeletor:
PXL_20210331_023031724.jpg
PXL_20210418_184132987.jpg
PXL_20210401_133929486.jpg

also an obnoxious dog person :)

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he's so cute, how old?

this is Skeletor:
PXL_20210331_023031724.jpg
PXL_20210418_184132987.jpg
PXL_20210401_133929486.jpg

also an obnoxious dog person :)

Skeletor looks like my kind of goofy pup. Very handsome. Rusty is about 8 or 9 months old. Hard to say for sure as we got him as a rescue. He showed up at the county humane society as a stray with several lacerations on his hind legs. Later on we discovered his teeth were likely filed down so we think he may have been a bait dog that either escaped or was abandoned. I suspect the latter because he has such a sweet temperament. Not the least bit dog aggressive from what we can tell and not aggressive towards people. He was a little fearful at first but he’s come a long way and is now a normal obnoxiously goofy fur child lol

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skeletor looks like my kind of goofy pup. Very handsome. Rusty is about 8 or 9 months old. Hard to say for sure as we got him as a rescue. He showed up at the county humane society as a stray with several lacerations on his hind legs. Later on we discovered his teeth were likely filed down so we think he may have been a bait dog that either escaped or was abandoned. I suspect the latter because he has such a sweet temperament. Not the least bit dog aggressive from what we can tell and not aggressive towards people. He was a little fearful at first but he’s come a long way and is now a normal obnoxiously goofy fur child lol
awh sweet boy, so glad he ended up with people who could help him overcome that

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So question for the older salts who might stop by. As I’m impatient, are there any real cons having a tank plumbed with soft pvc vs hard? Or maybe doing the drains hard plumbed and the return soft?

Thoughts?

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So question for the older salts who might stop by. As I’m impatient, are there any real cons having a tank plumbed with soft pvc vs hard? Or maybe doing the drains hard plumbed and the return soft?

Thoughts?
Not sure, but - the tank I just purchased brand new that came from the manufacturer with all plumbing bits ready to go came with regular pvc for the drainage and mostly soft vinyl tubing for the return. And the tank that I originally got used from my lfs came plumbed almost the same way

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but - the tank I just purchased brand new that came from the manufacturer with all plumbing bits ready to go came with regular pvc for the drainage and mostly soft vinyl tubing for the return. And the tank that I originally got used from my lfs came plumbed almost the same way

Hmm. Interesting. That makes me suspect the half and half might be viable.

thanks!

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Interesting. That makes me suspect the half and half might be viable.

thanks!
Yeah I'm not sure the pros/cons of going one way vs the other aside from perhaps kinking in the soft? My LFS tank was soft below the tank level down to the return, and hard above. All drainage was hard. My CADE I just set up is hard drains, and then two soft pieces in the vertical and hard horizontal where it has to cross the length of the stand. Since all I had to do with both was basically plug and play, I am probably not the best to follow advise from in terms of plumbing lol

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rusty hasn’t learned that trick. He does purr though. Well, he grunts like an old man when you pet him or when he’s excited to see you. No grunts any other time though. He also snores sometimes

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skeletor does the sleep with eyes wide open trick as well
I have stacked small things on her while asleep like that got through the whole kids shoe bench once and she was still snoring. You never really know when she's awake.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have stacked small things on her while asleep like that got through the whole kids shoe bench once and she was still snoring. You never really know when she's a

that’s adorable/hilarious and also slightly eerie

Back