OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’ve ordered the adhesive I’m going to use for the dry part of my scape. Shout of to @Glue Masters for the discount code. Went to order a baffle kit from melevsreef for a 40b sump and found the most basic level of shipping was $38. As a new financial constrain has cropped up, my build is slowed down yet again. That said, at the present time I can’t justify $65 for a baffle kit if the shipping is nearly $40. Going to have to wait until next paycheck I think.

Last edited:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setbacks suck, multiple setbacks on the same project suck even more.

preach!

I’m still trying to stay positive. I should be able to have the tank wet come June or July at this rate. Thought it would be may at first. Oh well. “Nothing good happens fast in this hobby”

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’ve ordered the adhesive I’m going to use for the dry part of my scape. Shout of to @Glue Masters for the discount code. Went to order a baffle kit from melevsreef for a 40b sump and found the most basic level of shipping was $38. As a new financial constrain has cropped up, my build is slowed down yet again. That said, at the present time I can’t justify $65 for a baffle kit if the shipping is nearly $40. Going to have to wait until next paycheck I think.
Hey belted... send me a pm. It may not be exactly what you want to do but I may be able to help with some glass we can cut to make some baffles... i built mine. Maybe you should slide down and see my setup. I'm not far...

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. no quitting. I just got caught up.
one thing, do not use the marine pure.
leaches aluminum. I had five of the big blocks.
I can not prove it scientifically, but I lost a lot of corals when they were in my system.
they would do well at first, and then things started dyeing. and it was all chronological to how long they had been in the tank. haven't lost any since removing them.
if you feel you don't have enough rock in the system use SeaChem Matrix for additional bio filtration.

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know if I’m crazy but I’m not stopping. Slowing down maybe, but not stopping. @F i s h y I’ll shoot you a pm later today after I get yard work out of the way.
Sounds good I'm free all day and this evening if you want to come down

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good I'm free all day and this evening if you want to come down

I’ve got kid duty this evening so I doubt I’ll be able to get down there yet today. Still, I’d like to come visit when I can in the next week if the offers still open.

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got kid duty this evening so I doubt I’ll be able to get down there yet today. Still, I’d like to come visit when I can in the next week if the offers still open.
Always :)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splam
PXL_20210426_023247181.jpg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. no quitting. I just got caught up.
one thing, do not use the marine pure.
leaches aluminum. I had five of the big blocks.
I can not prove it scientifically, but I lost a lot of corals when they were in my system.
they would do well at first, and then things started dyeing. and it was all chronological to how long they had been in the tank. haven't lost any since removing them.
if you feel you don't have enough rock in the system use SeaChem Matrix for additional bio filtration.
@sp1187 I'm wondering if this issue is seen with the Brighwell products too since I just ordered a brick :)??

Don’t know if I’m crazy but I’m not stopping. Slowing down maybe, but not stopping. @F i s h y I’ll shoot you a pm later today after I get yard work out of the way.
@BeltedCoyote I know it gets frustrating at times but glad to hear your not going to run away. Shoot, i've been working on my setup for a year and a half now and its all finally coming together. Worth it in the long run imo. Hang in there!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back