BeltedCoyote’s reboot: the birth of the leviathan

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has me on a diet. I could consume all of that and then take a diabetic coma nap.
1622734350674.png

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peanut clusters, once everything is happily melted I'll sprinkle a little sea salt on each while they cool & harden up.

After this I'll be doing white chocolate brownies (NOT blondies!) and chocolate / peanut butter cheesecake layered brownies.

Then probably some mocha scones...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
last time i played video games was the last call of duty for ps 2,have played a few times with son on ps 3 and now 4..o_O
D&D was early mid 80's...;Oldman:D

REEFDAZE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose I should say I’m proud as a nerd for everything but my WoW and ark time. Oh well lol
For the horde! I've spent lots of time playing wow as well, but I regret nothing...lol
I still play some call of duty and forza horizons.
I've been tempted to get back into wow but I fight the urges for the sake of my job and social life.

I'm really enjoying your build thread btw.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the horde! I've spent lots of time playing wow as well, but I regret nothing...lol
I still play some call of duty and forza horizons.
I've been tempted to get back into wow but I fight the urges for the sake of my job and social life.

I'm really enjoying your build thread btw.

thank you! And thanks for stopping in.

yeah I’ve had the occasional urge to get back into WoW. But resisted for the same reasons lol

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. One of the things I really miss is baking. So, I have today and tomorrow off. I'm making scones, peanut clusters, and 2 types of brownies. Making up for lost time.
Yummy I'll pm you my address. Pack them well. ;)

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
last time i played video games was the last call of duty for ps 2,have played a few times with son on ps 3 and now 4..o_O
D&D was early mid 80's...;Oldman:D
Oh my...those D&D games would get intese!

The Dungeon master had to be good tho ;Hilarious ;Bucktooth

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Both @F i s h y and @Reefing_addiction posted in my own build thread and I got no notification.

the system is…silly.

so I don’t have much of an update other than Jason is a heck of a friend.

but I wanted to lay out some of the things I’ve learned and realized in my two years of building my first reef:

1) biodiversity is important. It is better to have stable populations of micro and macro-fauna you either desire or are not a big deal to deal with than to try and avoid anything that might require some maintenance. Better to outcompete things like dinos than to inadvertently set yourself up for them

2) your tank will settle into a Rhythm as far as parameters go. If you can figure out where your system settles, and maintain that, it’s going to be much easier to find enjoyment in your tank.

3) going off of point 2, don’t chase numbers! Figure out where your tank settles and focus on maintaining that. Yeah maybe your Alk will run low, dose to get it to a reasonable spot where corals and other life are happy. Worry about keeping it there.

4) things like algae, red slime, etc are a natural part of reefs in the wild. Instead of trying to eradicate them. Get them to a point where yeah, they may be present, but they’re manageable and not taking over your tank. Balance is key

5) take things slow. Nothing good happens in this hobby happens quickly

6) you likely won’t be able to keep every coral out there in your tank. No discernible rhyme nor reason. It just is, similarly to how your tank will naturally settle as far as ideal parameters are concerned. Don’t fight it. Run with it.

7) this is a hobby about enjoyment. Remember that in all you do

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

all of you in the group have been a big part of me realizing what I have. And rather than bashing me as a newbie who doesn’t have a tank set up yet, all of ya’ll have been more than kind and patient when I’ve asked questions.

I’ve gotten where I am due to my being the sort who obsessively researches my passions. But still, there are plenty of other newbies who haven’t found a group like ya’ll.

call me silly but I really do hope my build will help others.

edit: ah autocorrect. Thought you were on my side

Last edited:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all of you in the group have been a big part of me realizing what I have. And rather than bashing me as a newbie who doesn’t have a tank set up yet, all of ya’ll have been more than kind and patient when I’ve asked questions.

I’ve gotten where I am due to my being the sort who obsessively researches my passions. But still, there are plenty of other newbies who haven’t found a group like ya’ll.

call me silly but I really do help my build will hp others.
Don't emulate what I do....

Richard Pryor Dart GIF

Sorry I Love You But No GIF

I'm pretty sure the reef fairy comes every night and unscrews up my previous actions.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back