OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, convict tang suspected as well as for my xanthic yellow scopas and female black clown, had a hard hit of fish loses.

aw man. I’m sorry. She was a beauty. Only asked because I’m very tempted to have a flame or coral beauty since both can be sourced from captivity

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aw man. I’m sorry. She was a beauty. Only asked because I’m very tempted to have a flame or coral beauty since both can be sourced from captivity
If you can get captive bred I would go flame, the coral beauty was a wild caught baby but eventually went after my sps.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get captive bred I would go flame, the coral beauty was a wild caught baby but eventually went after my sps.

gotcha. Going to need to figure out what my blue fish will be in that case. Kinda tempted to try a pair of flames…Did your girl ever give any interest to your favia/favites and similar not super fleshy lps?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotcha. Going to need to figure out what my blue fish will be in that case. Kinda tempted to try a pair of flames…Did your girl ever give any interest to your favia/favites and similar not super fleshy lps?

My flame was captive bred going back maybe 5 years ago, one of five that came to Europe I think, she cost me twice what a small wild caught would have cost me at the time, I was in the shop when she arrived from the importer / wholesaler and she bypassed another water change at my lfs as I took her straight home, she could swim flat out through 10 mm eggcrate when I got her, she got chased a lot as she would go and annoy fish, HE had transitioned a bit before I lost him, never touched a coral and ate anything.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame was captive bred going back maybe 5 years ago, one of five that came to Europe I think, she cost me twice what a small wild caught would have cost me at the time, I was in the shop when she arrived from the importer / wholesaler and she bypassed another water change at my lfs as I took her straight home, she could swim flat out through 10 mm eggcrate when I got her, she got chased a lot as she would go and annoy fish, HE had transitioned a bit before I lost him, never touched a coral and ate anything.

man that’s tiny. He had a good life sounds like. Still. Sorry you lost him

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incidentally in the angel lovers thread I saw something about some lab having successfully gotten regals to spawn in captivity and supposedly it was successful. So someone has managed to breed regals in captivity. If that post was true I wonder how long it will be before captive regals are reasonably available.

really hope the salty side of aquaria can keep making strides in aquaculturing livestock. I have a sneaking suspicion aquaculture efforts will be the keystone of our hobby in the coming decades if it’s to survive

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems the plank has a thing for eurobraced tanks.

little expensive. But it’s a long term investment. and I’m planing on keeping this reef going in some form even when I have the leviathan. Figure why not right? Realistically I will never be able to have anything larger than say 96x30x24 or perhaps 6 or 7 feet x 36” or even 48”x 24”

so why not have a 120, eventually tied in? Assuming it survives another 5 to 10 years

idk. I’m doing a bit of stuff around the house and listening to a reefing podcast (reef beef). Pondering the salty lifestyle.

(here he goes talking to himself again ;Joyful ;Joyful ;Joyful :cool: :eek: ;))

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems the plank has a thing for eurobraced tanks.

little expensive. But it’s a long term investment. and I’m planing on keeping this reef going in some form even when I have the leviathan. Figure why not right? Realistically I will never be able to have anything larger than say 96x30x24 or perhaps 6 or 7 feet x 36” or even 48”x 24”

so why not have a 120, eventually tied in? Assuming it survives another 5 to 10 years

idk. I’m doing a bit of stuff around the house and listening to a reefing podcast (reef beef). Pondering the salty lifestyle.

(here he goes talking to himself again ;Joyful ;Joyful ;Joyful :cool: :eek: ;))
Sometimes, talking to yourself is good. You may the only one listening. I do it a lot.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I designed the twins the only person that didn't think I was mad when I showed him the design was the manager of my lfs, he designed the sump to what I wanted to achieve "potentially", so far so good but it had an evil first year due to me not ramming and harvesting the refugium from the get go, follow your vision. :)

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I designed the twins the only person that didn't think I was mad when I showed him the design was the manager of my lfs, he designed the sump to what I wanted to achieve "potentially", so far so good but it had an evil first year due to me not ramming and harvesting the refugium from the get go, follow your vision. :)

I need to get through all of your build. I suspect some of the ideas are quite similar to what you’ve done. And i just enjoy following your reefing. You have lots of pics lol.

But thanks and you’re right of course.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A7E59BE1-4069-47E6-BE68-743F0618CA22.jpeg

suction cup nori Clíp fell down (huge surprise) and the 2 little fishes green nori fell apart. Our came the big ruby. Oh well. Feeding this tank heavy so the CUC and good stuff is “over clocked” for the 120. Will do a 15g WC this week

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back