Berghia Nudibranch in Canada?

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of anywhere online (or a feller reefer) that has any? They die after they clean out your tank unless you can feed them more Aiptasia so you would think reefers would be giving them away for almost free just so they don't die.

All the stores seem to be out, and looking for larger ones if possible.

Thanks!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place I had ever seen them was Big show frags, but that was a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen them since, I wanted to go the peppermint shrimp way for my Aptaisia problem but they seem to be sold out everywhere as well

OP
OP
CC13

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place I had seen them was Big show frags, but that was a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen them since, I wanted to go the peppermint shrimp way for my Aptaisia problem but they seem to be sold out everywhere as well

Ya they don’t have any right now I looked today lol

I considered peppermints also, but they are hit or miss and it’s really hard to ‘starve’ them into eating Aiptasia with a stocked tank that needs to be fed. They won’t get hungry enough since they can snack on the leftovers after feed times. I want a for sure thing and Berghia are about as close as you get.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya they don’t have any right now I looked today lol

I considered peppermints also, but they are hit or miss and it’s really hard to ‘starve’ them into eating Aiptasia with a stocked tank that needs to be fed. They won’t get hungry enough since they can snack on the leftovers after feed times. I want a for sure thing and Berghia are about as close as you get.

I was quite surprised they had 75 orso of them the one day and a few days later they were all gone

OP
OP
CC13

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was quite surprised they had 75 orso of them the one day and a few days later they were all gone

I might place an order from the US for some. DM me if you wanna go in and we can split the shipping.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might place an order from the US for some. DM me if you wanna go in and we can split the shipping.

I'm sure more will come, I haven't heard it's hard to get them(Shrimp) to eat before so that's interesting.

OP
OP
CC13

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure more will come, I haven't heard it's hard to get them(Shrimp) to eat before so that's interesting.

If they grow up on it, they will take to it no problem. If they get used to frozen or prepared foods it’s harder to get them to eat it.

OP
OP
CC13

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this place that ships to Canada, they seem to do it a lot and I'll be giving them a shot in a week or two of nothing else comes up.

https://saltyunderground.com/product/new

LOL that’s who I was going to order from. Let me know in a weeks time we can place an order together if you like and split shipping it’s approx. $100 FEDEX overnight.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place I had ever seen them was Big show frags, but that was a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen them since, I wanted to go the peppermint shrimp way for my Aptaisia problem but they seem to be sold out everywhere as well

I breed peppermint shrimp.
a8e7034b269c7b724444402eff7bb97f.jpg

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you in Canada and do they eat aiptasia?

Yes they do. It’s like candy to them. There are several different types of just peppermint shrimp that some group all together as the same species. Just an interesting sidepoint. There’s an ID Chart located on www.mbisite.org. It’s Marine Breeders Initiative. Membership is free and there A TON of all the info you could want. Not this R2R anecdotal stuff. This is the real thing. Even if you don’t breed there a lot of in depth species info other than breeding. Check it out and I have a Facebook site @PaulsPodsAZ where I post my breeding videos and pics. They’re awesome if I say so myself. Check it out

OP
OP
CC13

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they do. It’s like candy to them. There are several different types of just peppermint shrimp that some group all together as the same species. Just an interesting sidepoint. There’s an ID Chart located on www.mbisite.org. It’s Marine Breeders Initiative. Membership is free and there A TON of all the info you could want. Not this R2R anecdotal stuff. This is the real thing. Even if you don’t breed there a lot of in depth species info other than breeding. Check it out and I have a Facebook site @PaulsPodsAZ where I post my breeding videos and pics. They’re awesome if I say so myself. Check it out

Are you able to ship to Canada?

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to ship to Canada?

I’m not sure. I’m certain there are laws covering live items. Just like when you cross borders. I can find out or maybe you can being Canadian. My Facebook site is @PaulsPodsAZ. You can message me there and should answer fairly fat as compared to this way.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just purchased sone fire shrimp and hoping for the best with those. They’re 35-40$ retail US. Let’s hope for some eggs....

OP
OP
CC13

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So decided to pull the trigger and buy an Aiptasia Eating Filefish to take care of my problems. They seem far hardier than Berghia Nudibranch and after the aiptasia are all gone they will eat prepared foods. Not really down to order 50 Nudibranch to see them all starve to death after the aiptasia are gone.

Filefish is in QT and will be added to the system soon!

Back