Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the progress we will be making starting with the tear down of my 37 gallon freshwater, my cycling of my QT with live rock.
First the old tank:

Now the QT with live rock and then the start of tear dear of the old tank. By the way no animals were injured in this event although we lost a amano shrimp that probably has been in the tank for a year easy.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here's the QT I believe it's almost done. Yes I did have it cycling before the 23rd of Jan closer to the 1st of Jan. I started fish less than a freshwater corydora died and I put him in there then a small piece of live rock a larger piece plus dry rock and Wed I put in to yellow tail Damsels, I woke up Thur to find one dead.
I bought another one today ( all parameters were good) and the one one started chasing the new one. Going to bed it looks like they may have settled down. I'm sorry if I started this thread a little early but as I said I'm going slow.Not everything is going to stay. The probes are from my Neptune Apex and I don't want them to dry out most of the rock will go into the 65, the HOBfilter will stay as well as the sponge filter and heater.
Thanks everyone
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ok the QT tank has cycled, my new tank is at the LFS waiting on me to pick it up. I built the stand and we have two clowns in the QT telling me to hurry so they can move into the DT ( they will be waiting awhile)
We have three Home Depot buckets been curing water for a month. Got live Fji sand and am already figuring out modifications to my JBJ 45 gallon Nano. Added reinforcements to the nano stand so I can add a refugium and ordered add on parts for it
Here's some picks
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got a issue. I have a RO/DI unit ( the second one) from BRS but water pressure is 18 so until I get a booster it will have to. I have two free buckets ( 10 gal) with two more buckets filled with live rock and salt water this is for my JBJ 45 gallon. Should I add water first then the rock and then sand ( mix the salt before I add anything else.) do I put only about half of tank of water? The reason why I am asking is because both rock and sand is live sand. And I know I can't leave the rock or sand in the air. I have heard to put the rock in first for support then sand around it? Suggestions please

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg Here we are three days later. Tank install water slowly being added as well as sand and live rock. Also putting together my Apex controller stuff on a new board that will fit in the stand.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I'm into day 16 of a supposedly Red Sea marine Pro kit cycling and I'm supposed to have a CUC
Well I only have three snails and a starfish. Going to add more rock in the morning and clean up the aquascaping, tried to glue the rocks and it didn't work so it's drill and place acrylic tubes int them. And I may move the clownfish over.
Here's a pic. I also have a you tube channel showing off my equipment. First time I ever did something like that.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I've been lax here. Started doing videos on YouTube and didn't post nothing here except questions
Somhere goes I don't know how to upload a video done on a iPad I tried and it didn't like it so here's the pics
Fish:
Scooter Blenny
Two Ocellaris clownfish
Green Chromis
And 3 pajama cardinal fish
I also have a sand sifting starfish
A chocolate chip starfish ( that is leaving on Friday)
A Long Tip anemone that doesn't seem to be doing well
And 7 frags
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Update I always forget to post my own tank on here nd I apology. There are days that nothing is going on except normal maintenance but I will try to get better
Here are two videos I made today. There are updates. Water parameter are still fantastic. Haven't added any snails and crabs last for a month then gone. Using polyfilter and Red Seas NO3/PO4X program and stopped hair algae in its tracks ( at least it looks like, it's clearing up) also started using Seachem's fusion 1 & 2 and vibrance ( for iodide) just got a trigger systems Crystal refugium and when set up will have mineral mud, cheato live rock as well hopefully copepods.
Well videos won't load but here is pic

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Here is my sump that I added this week I'm trying to do a video on the whole setup. But since I only have a iPad I don't know how to change the video so the forum will accept it

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the same crystal sump? What size tank?
Thanks hope you subscribed too hoping to put out a lot more working on my delivery

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not. You added a sump to the JBJ 45 AIO? How did you do that? Drilled for it? What are you using for an overflow, or are you using the stock wall for filtration for the "overflow" and then just draining straight from the holes to the sump? I'd LOVE to see that Bob! Now I want to do it! Do you have a link?

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not. You added a sump to the JBJ 45 AIO? How did you do that? Drilled for it? What are you using for an overflow, or are you using the stock wall for filtration for the "overflow" and then just draining straight from the holes to the sump? I'd LOVE to see that Bob! Now I want to do it! Do you have a link?
Yes look at my utube videos I show what I have and how I did it.
Now I screwed up in the build I used a Tunze overflow box ( https://www.amazon.com/Tunze-USA-10...qid=1480987138&sr=8-1&keywords=Tunze+overflow )
Get this drain hose and use it
https://www.amazon.com/Tunze-USA-10...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MWNSERSFTXAJ7JNSBC7R

Also get a pump that has at least a 1000 GPH and use PVC from the pump halfway and then use flexible tubing

If you have the JBJ stand ( I do) reinforce it or get another/ make another I use 1x3 to reinforce the sides and top.
I am using a trigger systems crystal cube sump its 18x18 and will fit in the JBJ stand very nicely ( no much other room)
I also bought a in sump skimmer as well

Feel free to email me and I will be happy to help
On utube there is a guy called blue ray that I copied a few ideas from him

Back