Bescher's start of a new build

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's awesome! Your tank looks fantastic! Now I have a new project, thank you Bob! I watched all of your videos and subscribed to your channel.
Couple questions:
Why don't you like the Tunze overflow box? It sounds like not enough flow, is that why you recommend using the 1075/2 hose? Right now I have a Sicce Syncra 4 as a return pump in the back, running about 900 GPH through the tank, which provides tons of flow and movement, and I use the InTank media baskets as well, with an IM chaeto box for the second compartment and a Tunze 9004 skimmer on the right side overflow. Works great, but can only do so much...
Why do you recommend a pump at 1000 GPH or so? I could use the same Syncra for a return pump if that'll work. It works under a ton of head pressure.
I have the JBJ stand and don't really like it; I want to get a new stand for it. I think I will reinforce it like you did. Great idea.
I have a Trigger sump that I'm not using, but it would require cutting the middle section out, which would take more reinforcing than I want to try...

I'll send you a PM.
Thanks Bob, you're the best my friend!

Lloyd

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's Dec 16 2016
Here is the JBJ 45 gallon tank today picture and video I don't always add updates to it but I thank everyone that has helped my along the way and I hope that I have helped someone as well

Merry Christmas to all
Bob

IMG_0693.JPG

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your sump is the bomb!

What lighting are you using?

Are all the Chromis still alive?
No last Aug we lost a chromis ( still have 4 and doing good), two clowns and a dottyback to what we a believe a electrical problem ( heater went bad)
We replaced the clowns in Sept, got 2 firefish, a flame angel and a yellow tang
Look at my videos on you tube for everything I've done I don't do much videos

We have a Ecotech Radion xr15 G4 on there noe

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build love the sump idea. I've got the 30rl and don't think I would have enough room down below without taking out the middle brace to make a sump.

Any updates?
Well lots of updates
Went to a Radion xr15

I remove my middle brace and installed 1x3 around the sides and top for additional support
I don’t know what size your tank is but there are smaller sumps out there

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the JBJ 30g rl as much as I would love a sump I cant see myself spending money to buy one. By the time it's all said and done I could have probably been able to upgrade the tank to a bigger one and have it drilled. Of course seeing your could change my mind real quick. Lol

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I want my badge I see I have been posting more than I thought
Current
JBJ 45 Gallon converted to a sump inside the stand
Equipment:
JBJ 45 Gallon Display tank
CPR 90 Overflow
Trigger systems Crystal Cube Sump
Ecotech Radion XR15 Gen 4 Pro
BRS media reactor holding carbon
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
Reef Octopus VarioS-6 return Pump
APEX classic controller in a outside external cabinet with
Two EB8’s
Two DOS doser’s dosing ALK, Cal, Mag And NOPOX
PM1 And PM2 module’s
WXM Module
FMK ( one inch)
ATK
BOB
Two Ecotech Vortech MP10’s
Two heaters

06AD9F87-CDD9-47AD-AAE4-E30CC676A999.jpeg

8CB22551-41B9-4500-84F3-88BA9895F6BB.jpeg

09E9D418-BBA6-4C31-BE4B-9C0231AF2EB0.jpeg

87A9B705-1492-4DE0-BEE1-952956A97B14.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow love your equipment box. So organize no matter how much I try it never works out like I want. Lol FTS looks great. Almost going to need an upgrade soon.
Thanks I think I got it all
Actually had it built for me

Last edited:

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bob,
I would just like to add my input here. I have been Browsing through your semi old thread,your set up looks great!! I like the idea that you browsed through others for ideas for your scape. I have a custom made 60g cube that is a few yrs old now, I keep my set up fairly simple! For my three chamber sump...to be honest looks to be redundant looking!! Just my Tunze skimmer in the first chamber, my Jebao DCP 65000 return pump in the third chamber. I don't believe that for such a size cube I have, could I be bothered with a fuge!! I decided not to venture into one. I am due to rescape mine soon with new sand and Dry rock. So I have uploaded a photo of mine. Happy reefing, and Appy Days eh;)

IMG_0007.JPG

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bob,
I would just like to add my input here. I have been Browsing through your semi old thread,your set up looks great!! I like the idea that you browsed through others for ideas for your scape. I have a custom made 60g cube that is a few yrs old now, I keep my set up fairly simple! For my three chamber sump...to be honest looks to be redundant looking!! Just my Tunze skimmer in the first chamber, my Jebao DCP 65000 return pump in the third chamber. I don't believe that for such a size cube I have, could I be bothered with a fuge!! I decided not to venture into one. I am due to rescape mine soon with new sand and Dry rock. So I have uploaded a photo of mine. Happy reefing, and Appy Days eh;)

IMG_0007.JPG

Is that a Zetlight 6500 you have sitting atop the tank?
The tank looks fantastic. Thanks

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Zetlight 6500 you have sitting atop the tank?
The tank looks fantastic. Thanks
The lights are the TMC iluminaire 600 led lights with remote settings for setting your Hours, colours, percentage of intensity. I am not so sure if you have these in the states ? As I can here I’m the uk, these are the original lights and I’ve had no issues so far. These lights have now been updated so you can control the lights from the latest App on your phone. What I like about these lights they have a program called thunder which you can use these go through a thunder lightning effect for your corals, I don’t use this though. The lights come in two sizes the 600 for the cube and the 900 for bigger tanks which are expandable by the four frames which you can alter for length plus height. Thanks Simon.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back