Best Acrylic Tank Manufacturer???????

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw Redsea but they are made in China , plumbing sizes are not standard, my sump has 1.5 inch drains
They come with. sump included.... and whether made in china or New England the quality is great IMHO

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, on the other hand, have seen plenty - including my own at almost 18 months without a single observable scratch on the front. My first acrylic tank, after 3 decades of glass ones, but I find with some care and common sense that the hand wringing over scratches is highly overrated. Built well, an acrylic tanks is far more aesthetically appealing to me, particularly the corners.
Care to share any photos of your tank if you have them??

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video on YouTube from LA Fishguy, he used a mighty magnet with varying sand paper to remove scratches while tank was still running.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't seem to be a glass manufacturer that fits my budget, Reef Savvy is overpriced a lot and I haven't seen any others I like. I am open to suggestions for a good glass tank

Miracles in Canada is the BEST in the biz imho and affordable from my experience

HTH

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought my acrylic tank from Titan aquatic exhibit out of AZ. They are not cheap but do great work. Their prices have gone up significantly due to tariffs. I would imagine most people have. I prices a frag tank recently and my LFS cost was $900 for a 48x24x16. Includes crTing and shipping. Check em out. Feel free to pm me with questions.

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple frag tanks from advanced acrylics. Very well made and I'd imagine a display tank would be that same quality

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Crystal Dynamic (San Diego) they build glass tanks and they ship. They have a nice website that is interactive as well as a facebook.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my 450 from fishtanksdirect and have been very pleased. Build quality seems first rate. Only had the tank for 18 months so jury’s out on longevity. No issues so far.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depth from front to back, I want a wide tank

Miracles in Canada is the BEST in the biz imho and affordable from my experience

HTH

I'll second Miracles on this one, this is my 60" × 30" × 17" I just got last week and man I love it!
20190302_190237.jpg

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second Miracles on this one, this is my 60" × 30" × 17" I just got last week and man I love it!
20190302_190237.jpg
Beautiful, if you don't mind me asking how much it was, how was shipping and did you buy a stand with it or build it?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, if you don't mind me asking how much it was, how was shipping and did you buy a stand with it or build it?

I don't mind sharing atall, total cost for the tank with shipping (From Ontario to Alberta $375) and 5% tax was $3,669.00 CAD ( Or roughly $2754.88 US). Now I did make a change half way through the build that cost an extra $750 in glass and labour so you have to factor that in as well (Went from 24" wide to 30" which meant the bottom and two end Panels had to be redone). I feel like your tank will actually cost less than mine. I did not order a stand with it but Miracles does offer steel stand building if you would like.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind sharing atall, total cost for the tank with shipping (From Ontario to Alberta $375) and 5% tax was $3,669.00 CAD ( Or roughly $2754.88 US). Now I did make a change half way through the build that cost an extra $750 in glass and labour so you have to factor that in as well (Went from 24" wide to 30" which meant the bottom and two end Panels had to be redone). I feel like your tank will actually cost less than mine. I did not order a stand with it but Miracles does offer steel stand building if you would like.
Any chance you could post some pics of the overflow setup?

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw their website, actually look like very nice tanks, anyone have any personal feedback from them???
I have 2 Crystal Dynamics 150g (60 x 24 x 24). The tanks are very attractive and well-built. But the delivery time (at least for both my tanks, bought about 1.5 years apart) was about twice as long as quoted.

One thing I didn't like is that while his stands are strong the finish leaves a lot to be desired. I have a 100% wood and a wood-wrapped metal stand and canopy, both in their "Malibu" style. Both of them have lots of rough spots, particularly in the trim on the doors and had drips in the finish. He would have taken the stands back to fix that, but it would have taken many months more so I just tolerated it. Also, the stain appears to be laying on top of the wood, rather than penetrating into the wood because where I tried to gently steel wool off a drop, I quickly got a bare spot. That would not have happened with properly stained wood (at least not any wood that I have stained). The warranty is much better with CD stands so I'd probably buy my next one unfinished and do that myself.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Crystal Dynamics 150g (60 x 24 x 24). The tanks are very attractive and well-built. But the delivery time (at least for both my tanks, bought about 1.5 years apart) was about twice as long as quoted.

One thing I didn't like is that while his stands are strong the finish leaves a lot to be desired. I have a 100% wood and a wood-wrapped metal stand and canopy, both in their "Malibu" style. Both of them have lots of rough spots, particularly in the trim on the doors and had drips in the finish. He would have taken the stands back to fix that, but it would have taken many months more so I just tolerated it. Also, the stain appears to be laying on top of the wood, rather than penetrating into the wood because where I tried to gently steel wool off a drop, I quickly got a bare spot. That would not have happened with properly stained wood (at least not any wood that I have stained). The warranty is much better with CD stands so I'd probably buy my next one unfinished and do that myself.
Good information, do you have any pictures of both stands and styles, would like to see them and see the issues as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good post as I have a monster acrylic arriving Saturday

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back